NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Projects (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Not this again. (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67204)

LS1ow 12-07-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar0ck (Post 944965)
Was the Ozite Carpet pre-cut for an F-Body or do you have to do the guesswork for sizing?

Guess work. Thats what i did it in sections.

tbh if i could go back i prob wouldn't have put any carpet

ar0ck 12-07-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 944967)
Guess work. Thats what i did it in sections.

tbh if i could go back i prob wouldn't have put any carpet

You have to seal it with something, I por15'd my floor, and its silver, Id like to cover it with something eventually. I'm on the fence about either the Speed Inc lightweight carpet, or just a factory style replacement.

LTb1ow 12-07-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 944964)
in time comrades.

Soon as my rad gets in, ill toss that in and hopefully same day she moves under her own power for the first time. Exciting stuff.

I spent a little time the last 2 days installing the Ozite carpet. Pretty big pain in the ass. Its easy to stretch and mold with heat, but holes would develop very easy. For the install it will look like 1 piece mostly, but it actually went in in a couple pieces. I tried to go 1 piece, but i just dont have that patience. Its 1 piece from t top well to what used to be rear seat footwell. 1 piece for the tunnel. 1 piece under each seat(between those 2 rails the have the studs for the seats) and 1 piece on both sides from the front seat bolt stud rail to up under the dash.

It doesnt look bad, and you cant tell were its over lapped for the tunnel and what not bc its under the center console.

That is sort of how mine is as well, and once you need a bar, it will all come out again. Or you can let kirk weld and light it on fire.
:bertstare:

The_Bishop 12-08-2017 03:31 PM

Well, as long as it's only a *little* fire...

LS1ow 12-08-2017 04:56 PM

Rad is here.

Currently debate im having is what to do with exhaust. Since theres no turbo yet, hood stack is out for now.

Do i just run my Y pipe to a bullet and dump it under the car and pretend im a fox body?

Do i run a normal cat back set up like an adult?

Do i open the can of worms even more and run true duels ?

Jersey Mike 12-08-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 944994)
Rad is here.

Currently debate im having is what to do with exhaust. Since theres no turbo yet, hood stack is out for now.

Do i just run my Y pipe to a bullet and dump it under the car and pretend im a fox body?

Do i run a normal cat back set up like an adult?

Do i open the can of worms even more and run true duels ?

Speed Engineering 3" over the axle true duals... because I want you to be my guinea pig

LS1ow 12-08-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 944995)
Speed Engineering 3" over the axle true duals... because I want you to be my guinea pig

I actually emailed them.

That looks like a nice piece but may not be for me. I asked if anyone has run with a Chassis Mount tq arm(2 people in tech thread have, but custom built units) and if anyone has with 3 point SFCs. No one in thread said so. Could be in there, i really only skimmed for pics. Not willing to have to switch my SFCs and have a custom tq arm X member made just to run a certain exhaust.

Seems like the main issue with that kid is clearance, which is going to be a issue for me Bc of Dem Coilover Dat Stance.

qwikz28 12-08-2017 06:56 PM

Best exhaust I ever had was Mufflex 4" with a Flowmaster. Sounded the business.

LTb1ow 12-08-2017 09:54 PM

Run a SLP loud mouth OG.

Catback? Adulting, check
Loud as ****ing hell LM1? Trollololol, check

#****yohearing

MDSheds_SS 12-08-2017 10:12 PM

Ran 3" Y dumped before the rear... loud... cool if your in your own town and know the cops... not so good out of town.
Ran the same 3" Y into over the axle 3"in 3"out flow master muffler so I can attend ratchet fridays and race on muffled nights... sounds like a can of nails dragging behind you.
Removed the muffler so now it's 3" from the Y back, yet over the axle. That's what you heard at Racewars.

Have links to all 3 if your interested

LS1ow 12-09-2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 945001)
Ran 3" Y dumped before the rear... loud... cool if your in your own town and know the cops... not so good out of town.
Ran the same 3" Y into over the axle 3"in 3"out flow master muffler so I can attend ratchet fridays and race on muffled nights... sounds like a can of nails dragging behind you.
Removed the muffler so now it's 3" from the Y back, yet over the axle. That's what you heard at Racewars.

Have links to all 3 if your interested

3” Y dumped with no muffler ? Or with a bullet style?

wretched73 12-09-2017 09:02 AM

Put your stock system on or whatever exhaust you already have on it then weld in an exhaust cut out

MDSheds_SS 12-09-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 945002)
3” Y dumped with no muffler ? Or with a bullet style?

Y dumped no muffler, just a 3" turn down tip.
Or you can go turbo headers and dump it out in front of the front tires in the bumper cover

LS1ow 12-11-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 945009)
Y dumped no muffler, just a 3" turn down tip.
Or you can go turbo headers and dump it out in front of the front tires in the bumper cover

Car isnt fast enough for fender exits :-?

Im leaning towards something like this for now, then likely ditch the dump and run some 3" to the back with tips like a human being after i get annoyed of the smell in the car from the dump

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...mped-image.jpg

Blackbirdws6 12-11-2017 12:12 PM

Dump will make it feel like racecar. Enjoy!

qwikz28 12-11-2017 12:55 PM

The special lady friend will love it. They love leaving a car smelling like exhaust fumes

MDSheds_SS 12-11-2017 03:04 PM

Extra weight, more welding, extra money with that bullet.... you really think that's gonna change the sound?? Just run a piece of 3" with a turn down and call it a day. I have 3 extra turn downs if you want one. Flow master sent me double order.

LS1ow 12-11-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 945033)
Extra weight, more welding, extra money with that bullet.... you really think that's gonna change the sound?? Just run a piece of 3" with a turn down and call it a day. I have 3 extra turn downs if you want one. Flow master sent me double order.

I have to find a balance :bertstare:

I dont wanna run LTs, Catless Y to a dump bc i dont want dumb loud, not bc the cops or anything. I just want it to be some what enjoyable to drive more than 10 minutes lol

I wouldnt mind running a OG SLP LM exhaust, but as you said Full exhaust = full lbs. Also, ton less work to just run a bullet to a dump.

LTb1ow 12-11-2017 05:32 PM

I have a dynomax bullet sitting above my garage.May not be small enough to tuck up like a LM though

LTb1ow 12-11-2017 05:36 PM

I have this guy too if you wanna be cool
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8e&oe=5A8B00C6

LS1ow 12-11-2017 08:21 PM

3” ?

LTb1ow 12-12-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 945039)
3” ?

Of course, I have a street car remember?

sweetbmxrider 12-12-2017 09:51 AM

I think I have a lm1 that's chopped up a bit but you could definitely do something silly with. Also a used and abused hooker if you are into that.

LS1ow 12-12-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 945046)
I think I have a lm1 that's chopped up a bit but you could definitely do something silly with. Also a used and abused hooker if you are into that.

Are they in good enough condition to weld?

wretched73 12-12-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 945047)
Are they in good enough condition to weld?

With enough heat, you can weld anything