NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Club and Website Support (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   1 more for sale section recomendation (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40323)

Saitin 01-14-2009 08:27 PM

1 more for sale section recomendation

Honestly I think a seperate place for the "cars for sale" threads would be nice.
and probably making 1 forum link where you click it and open it up and it has sub forums for the for sale sections that way it is nice and clean and only has the one link on the main forum index.
IMO something similar to what camaroz28.com has setup for there for sale section.

NJSPEEDER 01-14-2009 08:44 PM

We will look into it. Good idea. Thanks

NJSPEEDER 01-17-2009 04:41 PM

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60

:rock:

deadtrend1 01-17-2009 05:10 PM

ahh .... its all wierd like. I can;t find my stuff. I fear change!

sweetbmxrider 01-17-2009 06:00 PM

the classifieds look great now!

Saitin 01-20-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER (Post 535291)

woot
It's nice to have admins that listen to what people have to say. It looks good.

NJ346 01-23-2009 11:19 PM

I honestly think the classified section sucks now. I don't like that I only get to see the most recent post out of all the classified section. Anyway we can get each section it's own little line like the rest of forum sections. I just missed out on some really good deals because everything is like hidden now!

BonzoHansen 01-23-2009 11:22 PM

Use the "New Posts" button on the tool bar.

NJ346 01-24-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 537942)
Use the "New Posts" button on the tool bar.

I guess you could do that, but before the new section was made there was no need to do that. It's an extra click now. Ehh, I guess everyone else likes it the way it is...

Knipps 01-24-2009 11:47 AM

What do you mean you only get to see the most recent posts? You can still see all the posts that were there before...

NJ346 01-24-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knipps (Post 538029)
What do you mean you only get to see the most recent posts? You can still see all the posts that were there before...

The last post view is what I'm talking about. You only get to see the last post from all of the classified section, before the new section was added you used to get to see the last post from each section individually.

Knipps 01-24-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN (Post 538061)
The last post view is what I'm talking about. You only get to see the last post from all of the classified section, before the new section was added you used to get to see the last post from each section individually.

I don't think that's a result of the latest section being added but more of the update. (I'm assuming you're talking about from the forum main page?)

If you're looking to buy something you have to open the individual sections anyway, it's not like there's 5 pages of classifieds to sort through. It's not that busy. The last post on the first page of the Parts for Sale section was 2 weeks ago.

Tru2Chevy 01-24-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN (Post 538061)

If you click on the link to the Classifieds Forums on the main forum page you get a listing of all 4 Classifieds Forums with their respective "most recent posts". The reason that we turned the 4 forums into sub-forums was to keep the overall size of the main page down. Most people dislike having to scroll down a ton to view the forum page, so we try to keep the overall size of the page down to a minimum.

Sorry for the extra click though...

- Justin