NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Club and Website Support (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Classifieds... (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62171)

V 12-18-2012 10:17 AM

Classifieds...

If a mod is going to be 100% strict about deleting posts "directly related to buying or selling" an item in the classifieds, then ALL posts that don't matter should also be deleted which bump other threads.

A post i made directly helping the seller ID an item gets deleted yet post by other sellers friends bumping it are left... equality people... observe it.

Mike 12-18-2012 10:19 AM

A little direction to the thread might help here?

Featherburner 12-18-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V (Post 863884)
If a mod is going to be 100% strict about deleting posts "directly related to buying or selling" an item in the classifieds, then ALL posts that don't matter should also be deleted which bump other threads.

A post i made directly helping the seller ID an item gets deleted yet post by other sellers friends bumping it are left... equality people... observe it.

:cbrrmike:

V 12-18-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Featherburner (Post 863897)
:cbrrmike:

lol, i know... but when i was legitimately providing a member with the model year of an item he was selling and it gets deleted before he even saw it, its not right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
A little direction to the thread might help here?

just one example... http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62145

LTb1ow 12-18-2012 12:51 PM

They are just asking a valid question, and or, happen to be a sponser!

sweetbmxrider 12-18-2012 01:18 PM

That is a sweet trailer.

V 12-18-2012 02:03 PM

...yea, blows mine out of the water.... lol

Mike 12-19-2012 10:50 PM

Cries about classifieds. Talks about plastidip. Fail

JSPERFORMANCE 12-20-2012 07:47 AM

I am confused.. I am not allowed to ask a question about something in the classifieds because I am a sponsor?

V 12-20-2012 08:32 AM

mike. yes. do i care. no

Mike 12-20-2012 08:38 AM

i just don't really get where you are coming from... the classifieds are the most heavily moderated part of the forum, you make a thread when normally you just report and **** gets taken care of... then i ask for an example, thinking i missed something since i literally just left that forum, and you post a link to someone asking a question... so obviously you are insinuating something that is not readable in that thread... but when asked again, you dont care anymore

seems like you just wanted other members to see it and jump in

Mike 12-20-2012 08:42 AM

for example, had you been talking about this thread... http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62113
i would agree, i questioned it, but its pertinent to the sale

JSPERFORMANCE 12-20-2012 08:42 AM

So... I am or am not allowed to ask questions in the classifieds? Just want to be clear of my boundaries.. I mean I have only been a sponsor for like 5 years so I am not sure of exactly what I am entitled to and such.. Don't want to ruffle any feathers..

V 12-20-2012 08:49 AM

no. my point from the beginning was that my initial deleted post in a members thread was informing him of the exact year of an item due to my knowledge of the subject. he was unsure and most wouldn't know either. in those cases, when its beneficial to the ad, i think it should be left. or at least edited in. and with the plastidip comment, yes i am not crying about that being deleted. in that case i was just assisting a sale by explaining further options. that isn't the issue i had. and we all know josh knows Tim and the trailer well. its not merely asking a question. but ok, see it as me being butt hurt. i shall not lose any sleep over it.

and i will not complain again or report stuff so that every one can be happy

Mike 12-20-2012 08:54 AM

so because josh and tim know each other josh cant be interested in the trailer? that would make our classifieds pretty useless since most of us have met in person or know each other well...tim knows me, and was here the other day picking up parts off my car... same with wildbilly... should my thread go away?

V 12-20-2012 08:57 AM

ok. that thread was a poor example forget it.

i just still don't understand how my post wasn't pertinent to that ad, and why it was deleted.

LTb1ow 12-20-2012 09:21 AM

I think it would be fair to assume that Josh knew the answer to his question and only posted to make it know and or bump the thread. At least that would be my take on it, and if so, would be a valid point to V's question.

Mike 12-20-2012 09:28 AM

And if the friend josh mentioned buys the trailer?

LTb1ow 12-20-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 864245)
And if the friend josh mentioned buys the trailer?

Thats great for Tim, would be glad for him if he sells it quick.

V 12-20-2012 09:30 AM

So i can tell people in their threads that I will mention it to a friend? ok cool

BonzoHansen 12-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V (Post 864247)
So i can tell people in their threads that I will mention it to a friend? ok cool

i don't think that has been an issue in the past. no one has ever made a habit of it. it's never been frowned upon

V 12-20-2012 09:39 AM

i just still haven't received an answer to my question as to why my original post was deleted, mike just seems to care about throwing it back to the other "example" i used

BonzoHansen 12-20-2012 09:44 AM

i don't know what one it was or why so whoever did it will need to reply to that.

V 12-20-2012 09:46 AM

Mike was the one, it was the thread is "Classifieds-Other", bicycle thread, Seller posted that it was early-mid 90s. I posted the exact year(not within those ranges btw) and what proves it is that year

Not a huge deal but only right and i think fair that the seller knows what he's selling and therefore very important.

deadtrend1 12-20-2012 09:48 AM

**** it. Ill take the one item I put up for sale since august down then if it makes everyone happy.