View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #12
HardcoreZ28

I'm going to agree and disagree with a lot of things in here....basically because I'm on lunch at work right now. Personally I feel that this site could be utilized soooo much better by F-body owners and enthusiasts. NJ is one of the most highly concentrated states for classic cars in the country yet the majority of our members are 4th gen owners. We're missing a huge boatload of members and knowledge on the F-Body somehow.
I've noticed this for years and even talked with certain admins about it. Am I going to do anything about it? Probably not...I have real world problems that require my attention, as do all of our mods who don't get paid to do this.
Do I care that there's Mustang guys and any other non-Fbod guys on here (girls too)? Yes and No. It was created as a club for owners of these cars and that's where it's roots are...but it's evolved into something different. Personally I'd like to keep it all F-body but as long as the F-body content stays as the vast majority, then I welcome any knowledge that fellow automotive enthusiasts have.

My biggest personal gripe about this site is the content. There's more posts about who's drunk, who likes what mac and cheese, etc than there are informational posts....by far. We've become a tight club and therefore talk on a consistent basis about EVERYTHING, but can we try to get some more car stuff out there??

And finally as for the moderators...I say good job guys. Favoritism? I don't know if there is or isn't and I don't really care. I think over the last year you guys have done a good job of cleaning up a lot of the bickering and taunting that plagued this board. I realize you guys have real jobs and real families to take care of and commend you giving your time to monitor the boards. Keep up the good work.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com