View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
ta350

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28 View Post
Ok I have to chime in here just to help you out. First of all if that's an exact pic of the color scheme you're going for it's absolutely awesome. Very good way to split the top and bottom without it looking off and the colors are perfect.

However be cautious about this price. If I understand your post correctly he quoted you $900 for paint and labor? I can't even buy paint for under $1,000 for a car, and that's just one color. What brand of paint is he using? And what do you mean by sealer over the clear? There's no such thing as far as I know...atleast not paint wise. Maybe he means some sort of wax? And if so you shouldn't wax fresh paint for 3-6 months after it's done so all solvents work their way out.
If his price of $900 is just the labor to do the job and he isn't doing any bodywork, then it's reasonable.

Just wanted to give you a heads up so you don't get into a bad situation or get something less than what you're hoping for.

Im with hardcore on this one.... both of us being painters that puts up a flag!

The way it goes is you do the body work, prime the body work, wet sand, sealer, base, then clear..... and if hes gonna use a sealer wax after he paints slap his face! Never put wax on a newly painted vehicle..... ever! Even after the clear coat is hard it is not fully done curing. What brand paint is he using Sherwin Williams!? I cant get paint that cheap... any where!

PS- Thanks for choosing my color scheme

Current Vehicle
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500
2005 GSXR 750 Street Fighter Flat Black Red Rims
ta350 is offline   Reply With Quote