View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #14
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Go kart racing

Maybe some sort of track day thing. Meet up to do some racing/spectating then break for food/cruise.
Go karts would be very cool. Where is there a decent one in NJ that is open in the off season? All meets during the nice months (march - Oct) need to be car focused & car friendly for all members, not just the daily driver guys. But there is a kart place up on 17 right? Maybe the winter north meet? Who wants to do the homework on that? Find out all the details on a bringing in a group of 30 on a Saturday or Sunday.

I’m totally down for karts, but my guess is there will be a requirement to pay in advance, and experience says most members won’t. We see that every year with the firkin meet. We almost did medieval times for that north meet last year but we deemed the cost too high and it required a deposit. Walking in places with 6 people is easier than walking in with 40.

Track thing would be nice if it is not cost prohibitive and managing the logistics aren’t too bad. Therein lies the rub. The more involved a meet gets the more we really need some responsible folks to step up and ask to be more involved. I threw that out there in that thread about e-town and special groups days. I asked someone to take the lead on it. No one did.

September meet – we have talked about a cruise with a few stops in the beach area, maybe starting in the Belmar/Manasquan/Point area then winding down to LBI, or something like that. Anyone want to throw some ideas together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Maybe the OP should have made a more street car.. sheesh, go buy a trailer or something.

I don't think I have ever been to a south meet, just a hell of a drive, and they normally, no offense to southerners, have low turnouts compared to central/north.
Maybe you should have made a more street car.. sheesh, go buy a trailer or something. You can probably get to texas roadhouse faster than duke island park.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote