Thread: stupid obd1
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
z28camaro94
13 sec club

stupid obd1

alright i have a problem with trying to get the codes out of my 94 z28.
i have tryed multiple scanners and they all say cannot communicate with vehicle. i checked all the fuses, they are all good. i have good ground and the A terminal, 5v coming out of the B terminal, 4.6v coming out of the M terminal, and 6.8v coming out of the G terminal.

A terminal being ground
B terminal being the field service enable
M terminal being the serial data line
G terminal being program input for keyless entry

idk wat the f***in problem is. i doubt that any of the wires are shorted since i have voltage coming out of them.

i tried the jump method a couple of days ago and was able to get the codes to flash out, but i didnt know how to read them at that time so i didnt record them. i tried the jump method again today and it doesnt flash the codes. i've read up that the 94's wont flash the codes out, well then y did it work the other day.

also the check engine light is NOT on. it came on last wednesday for all of 30 seconds then went back off. i am trying to see what the code was that popped on. hoping that its still in the memory. i have not disconnected the battery since about a month ago so im assuming that the code is still in there.

can anyone help?