View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #56
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Yeah exactly. There are whole homes in the river! I don't know how this summer is going to be. I feel this is going to severely cripple the dwindling local economy. I hope we get through it.
Insurance companies will have to ****ing deal with paying out. God knows how much people pay them for this very reason, so as far as I see it only insurance companies will be hurting.

Otherwise, think of all the money now flowing to contractors, demo guys, clean up guys, police, fireman, utilities guys etc.. and then when people have rebuilt homes, they gotta get furniture, so that should give some influx to local businesses.

Marinas will be swamped with doing insurance boat repairs etc. Same with you guys at auto shops dealing with insurance claims on water damaged cars.

Just trying to look at positive side here. My uncle lost his whole first floor, and on one of his few hours away from running the mess, the VP of the FOP showed up and a bunch of FOP guys demo-d his first floor for him. A lot of awesome-ness has been shown lately.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote