Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #808
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
Can they mill the seat to get you to the proper height?
Im sure thats a possibility. But i dont know how to go about it right now. Here what we last left off at last night after talking to the machine shop, BTR and Ed Curtis.

BTR

-They think either it is a freak accident were i did get the wrong springs in the box, but super unlikely due to me buying the springs 8 months ago, thus putting them in a way past run of spring sets. There were zero other instances of this. I spoke to Nick @ BTR who was super helpful and informative. He had opened a set of the same springs i have, and also happen to have a bare head there. He measured spring height with 2 different tools. Not sure what the differences were, but he got 2 different results. 1 within the tolerance, 1 out of. So he also thinks that my shop should be measuring the incorrect way.

Ed Curtis

-Couldnt really shed much light due to not using a a spring kit they sell. But cool he took the time to respond.

Machine Shop

Seems to think either the head is out of whack, which im not sure how but whatevs. Or the wrong springs are in the box. Saw it myself, Measured height with the BTR cup and retainer and whatnot is 1.700. The height from raw spring seat to retainer is 1.760, still less than advertised 1.780.

The machine shop is calling BTR today to hash this out.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote