View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #55
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
I think the V17 meet was a great idea and I am sorry I could not make it, however I heard the turnout was not so great.

According to the survey, most people want to spend a maximum of $25 for a meet and that limits "coolness" options very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
People like Cruising, meeting @ resturants for food, hanging in parking lots BSing, Racing @ the track, Going to car shows, working on there cars, Cleaning and waxing there cars... Those are the things I like doing car wise. There are lots of people who hate car shows, or hate going to the race track, ect.. Its hard to accomodate everyone.

We should figure out if this is a real car club ( presidents all that crap) or just a website for us to meet up with our friends and hangout and sell **** occasionally? Right now I look at it as not a club but just a goup of F-body people who like to hang out and B/S and that is fine with me.. When people ask me if I am in any clubs I tell them about NJFBOA but tell them its not really a club.. Some people sign up but most are looking for a actual car club to join..

I know after being in many official car clubs in the past you pay a 25.00 a year fee and you get sponsored @ a dealership or place of buisiness and that sponsor gives the club money to be able to hold a track rental day or host a car show @ there place and what not. the SNJ pontiac club hosts 2 car shows a year, 2 track days, ice cream social were the club pays for the ice cream, a spring bbq were the club pays for the food, and a christmas party @ a venue were the club pays for that as well.
See above, I would be all for paid dues and what not but, that ain't gonna happen.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote