View Single Post
Old 08-19-2023, 10:43 PM   #1
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Track-rental at Island this Fall 2023

Putting this post on here to see how much interest there is in doing a track-day private rental up here at Island Dragway this fall season. I know I personally haven't had the most successful drag racing year, but I think I would have a good chance of doing so at a Private rental with the opportunity to make lots more runs than a normal Test-n-Tune event. When news of Atco closing came along, it got me a little more serious about making this a reality, so lets here what you think.

I called and spoke to Melissa today who gave me the quick run down on rentals. I then filled out the online rental inquiry form and got to see the available dates. All rentals are on Fridays only and she mentioned one Friday in early October was tentatively taken. Early September is kinda too soon, and there is no rental availability in November at all.

open dates as of now:
September 8
September 15
September 22
September 29
October 6
October 13 (possibly tentatively taken)
October 20
October 27

If there is a handful of us here who are interested, along with a good enough amount of other buddies/racers, I think we can try to get this idea into a possibility.

here is a link to the island rental page.
https://www.islanddragway.com/2014/06/25/track-rentals/

Trust me, I know it is expensive to pay about $200 to go flog on your car at the dragstrip, so I totally get it if there is not a huge amount of people who can commit. What I do ask though, is if you think you are a solid YES or if you just have anything helpful to add, please feel free to jump in on the discussion here.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 08-23-2023 at 08:59 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote