View Single Post
Old 08-31-2023, 08:35 PM   #16
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yes definitely. Island typically puts 'the cone" out for treaded street tires on normal T&T events. basically they put a cone along the inside center-line area before you pull up to stage, and this cone directs/pushes the street treaded tire cars out of the rubber 'groove". DOT radials like the Mickey Thompson ET Street SS tires are allowed to stage and launch from the normal groove, as are slicks. I will check on this via my next upcoming phone call.

Currently my other questions are:
- we don't really have to drain all coolant from our cooling system? I've run there so many dozen times and not once has the coolant ever been checked or asked about. I think they just had this in the rules from a long time ago, maybe NHRA rentals or something? Anyway's I'll clarify.

- Does every car need metal valve stems (on all tires)? Sometimes the tech shed checks this, but I doubt it is likely on a private rental. I have metal valve-stems in my rear wheels, but I have rubber ones in the front skinnies and have never been hassled.

So far, it is looking like Friday October 20th is going to be the day. I've got a sufficient amount of responses both here, on text messages, and friends of friends to move forward with booking a date.

As I go through the reservation process, I will sure up the details with prices, and really whatever is listed on the website is probably the price breakdown still.
This is in-motion for the next couple days unless I hear an overwhelming amount of people requesting another day or different circumstances happen (like the date got picked by another group already).

I don't have facebook, instagram, or anything else in that realm, so if you guys do wish to share it with local racing groups,thats fine too. I've been glad to hear it made it down to the South Jersey fbody guys and elsewhere.

If anyone has questions, or wants to pass my info along, use my email: martin.dave3@gmail.com
Once I get a good group of participants I will keep both this forum page and a group email chain going.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote