View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 09:05 AM   #542
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

In full hopes that the rain would hold off for Friday night (last night) I bounced home from work early and would have gone to Island... did not think about Lebanon valley; in fact I have never even been there yet. called Island and was understanding that they would be rained out Friday night and Saturday. Sunday was left up in the air still, but it currently looks like rain also. Damn.

On my way home I stopped by Bruce's speed shop to offer condolences and she did mention that the nitrous bottles could still get filled, but as townsend said, bottles would have to be left for a day or two until someone could come fil them. No biggie.

But then my good buddy Joe comes along and somehow, overnight, successfully applies to be come a nitrous seller. Wild!

I also stopped at a place in Rockaway/Dover that does interior work just to ask their advice about what brand of weather-stripping they would recommend for my "roof rail" weather-stripping. I have heard mixed reviews on some of the normal weather-stripping companies, and I ONLY need the roof -rail weather-stripping. Some people on Thirdgen.org have had luck with Fairchild, some with Steel, some with SoffSeal. Since the car is a hard-top its a real simple piece of weather-stripping, but sometimes either its too stiff and people have to SLAM their doors or there is a gap in between the window and weather-stripping. I duno, none of the product brands has seemed superior from what I have read online. Anyways, the guy at the upholstery shop was a jerk and basically didn't have the time of day to answer my 3 questions. He told me to go online and just pick one. Glad I got help from a guy who has been in the business for over 30 years as he told me. Whatever.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1982-02-firebird/w779
or
https://www.steelerubber.com/hardtop...rip-82-0054-68
or
https://www.camarocentral.com/1982_1...g_p/wea-11.htm
or
?

Next weekend at island is:
Friday Day: Open track rental
Friday Night: closed, no racing because of setup for swap meet
Saturday: Swap Meet
Sunday: Spring season Nostalgia Event

I am still looking for a day to do shakedown passes on the car, preferably before trying to go some rounds in any type of event. I am toying around with the idea of jumping into that Friday Daytime track-rental for $200 if I am able to get off from work that day. I figure I could really get a whole lot of passes on the car and maybe really nit-pick some stuff with it. I am still curious about my nitrous jetting numbers, as sometimes my ECU has to add/subtract a significant amount of CLcomp fuel on the bottle (its inconsistent). So I'd like to figure that out. All motor, the car is pretty much where I think it will be. I'm still of the opinion that there is more to be figured out to get a faster nitrous pass. With a 11.67 all motor pass, I should be well past a 10.60 using the 175 jets, but its just not happened yet. Tough to sort that stuff out when you only get 2or3 runs in some days at a TnT.

I only really have the month of May to get after it at the dragstrip, in June the car will be super cleaned and detailed and more focus on paint-body because it will be at the Carlisle 3rd gen display in the building, so I probably won't do any racing in June. July involves switching the car over to autocross mode, and doing the UMI Autocross event.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 04-29-2023 at 08:48 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote