View Single Post
Old 05-17-2023, 09:56 AM   #548
townsend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
I took the pic. His tire was def wrinkling a lot. 16psi i believe. Needs like 18-22? Or will it spin too much? I thnk the car really needs a 200shot progressive and just go
i am having a similiar issue and everyone is telling me to be around 18-19psi on the radial and get the shocks set right so it separates and hooks. what happens is a radial wads up (like in the pic) then suddenly unloads and snaps back into shape, when that happens the tire spins and there goes your 60ft.

its a balancing act of enough pressure, enough anti squat, and shocks that can actually slow the separation down (stiff rebound) and keep it down too (compression). my car sits close to factory height and i had the lca in the bottom hole on the relocation brackets, this is causing too much antisquat (over 150%) with the short torque arm. i have since raised the lca up 1 hole and changed the shock adjustments. will find out sunday if i went the right way.

at lebanon valley i went as low as 15psi and the 60ft was getting worse, went back up to 18psi and got a 1.470 60ft with a 150shot coming on right away. i do not have a progressive.

2021 Charger Scat

Wrench/driver 94 Camaro Ellwein 385/D1SC/CPT 4l60e/9" slow pile

Last edited by townsend; 05-17-2023 at 09:58 AM.
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote