View Single Post
Old 10-30-2023, 08:12 PM   #73
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I was just going to put my car's recap in my usual post when i get everything typed up, but in a nutshell

Ran 3 all motor passes playing around with it in open loop and an intake screen stacker thing. 1183, 11.79, 11.89 all at 113 mph.

Had done my homework and some helpful advice on getting the nitrous back to home-base this event, so as a test, for my fourth pass, I -decided to only activate the nitrous when I was in 3rd gear at halftrack, so I could see what the AFR was really doing on the bottle and i'll discuss this in my build thread.

Anyways, after that I adjusted jetting a few different times, made some low 11 second passes with it still running very rich, but my mph was going up to where it hasn't been at all this year, back above 120 mph and the car actually felt like it was pulling on the top end instead of just eating itself up like normal, and the nitrous wasn't shutting off either. Some passes I wasn't even full throttle and there were times I spun. Speaking of that, I had an oddly hard time getting a good burnout almost all of the day. It didn't want to make wheel speed and would sometimes want to dart to the right. I had to get heavier on the throttle than normal to get it to burnout, but eventually thats all it took for me to knock out a few good sixty foots 1.48, 1.46, 1.48.

On my 9th pass the car ran its fastest E.T. of the day, which was a 10.90 at 123mph. This was what I had the car doing pretty often back in October 2021 - October 2022 and somehow it has eluded me since then. So getting that mph back for me was a small victory. I knew I had one final run left before I had to start packing up so I upped the jets to be somewhat like a 165 shot, hoping maybe it could go 10.79 at 126 but I think I was lazy on the launch and over revved the shifts. It went 11.03 @ 124 mph though.

packed up and drove it home without an issue.
-actually hoping for maybe one more track day this year.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 10-31-2023 at 05:44 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote