View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #76
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Jeff,

Sounds good, but it also sounds like those clubs have members who spend money. And I mean real money, not their allowance. Sponsors only like being sponsors if it's a two-way street.
We hosted 2 car shows a year, 1 at the dealership and the other @ a neutral location.. We had the dealerships name on the flyers and t-shirts that were made up and on the plaques for the trophys. We also did 2 drag days 1 @ the drag strip and 1 @ the autocross. The cars brought in alot of people @ the dealership. After the meetings we would go eat some lunch and go to a local car hangout.

As far as spending money I paid 25.00 a year and I think I paid 25.00 for the track rental @ the drag strip and just watched the autocross.. We had about 25 cars each paying 25.00 and the dealership/club picked up the rest of the bill for the track days.. For our spring BBQ the club payed for the location rental ( if needed) and they picked up the meats, buns, and charcoal.. Everyone else just brought a side or drinks.

The car shows we charged 10.00 for cars and did a 50/50 raffels, and door prizes and what not. We usually had around 50-75 cars for the shows and it was only F-bodies. All the money we made @ the shows went to the club..

We also did parades for christmas and Vet day and the dealer ship had a banner made up for the lead T/A that read Tidewater trans am club sponsored by Performance GMC/Buick.. These were televised parades in Va Beach oceanfront and its great advertising for the dealership that is probably alot cheaper then a commercial..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/

Last edited by Slow-V6; 07-09-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote