Thread: Tapatalk
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
how you liking that thunderbolt? I was looking at one last night.
So far I love it besides the battery life. I stream Pandora at work on 4G so its expected the battery will suffer. Since I sit at a computer most of the day, I just have it plugged in when needed. Just doing normal stuff, it will last a day which is where my rooted/overclocked droid was at. The phone is also a bit big but that doesn't bother me.

I thought I would really miss the real keyboard but with the huge screen, I have gotten used to it really quickly. It was nice to see HTC work out the features well with this phone. My rooted droid was set up very similar whereas my wife's new Droid 2 Global is horrible. Its fast and everything but the basic layout/setup of the phone isn't as smooth or intuitive.

So overall, I've adjusted within a day or two to the Thunderbolt. Speech to text also works really well and surprised it picks up my mumbling without an issue. Love the speed of 4G and the phone is much faster than my old Droid. Flash plays ultra smooth as well whereas it would be horribly choppy with the Droid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Lets stay on topic.

My sister is looking to ditch hers in favor of a phone with a "real" keyboard, main reason I am sticking with a good ole droid.
It just takes getting used to but if she liked texting/typing without looking, then that would be a problem with any touch screen only phone. I do miss that feature but I usually did it while driving which is a good habit to break. If I want to text, just need to say the words and it will appear on the screen

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote