View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

my new wheels arrived ... BOZE Injected 18" photos included

I guess this is the proper sub forum to post this thread.. if not Mods.. you can move it.

Welp, yesterday my wheels finally arrived. Long process of picking a style, measuring, figuring out backspacing (thanks to /86 TA\ and Paul H for their help in that area) photoshop work and more measuring.

I went with the BOZE ZE Injected style wheel. I picked this because in my mind it is similar to the original IROC wheels that came on the car. clean, simple 5 spoke design with just a bit of style to them. The Injected wheel (in my mind) is a modern stylized version of an iroc wheel. I really like this look better than a pro-touring wheel or something too busy or chrome.

In these photos the inside lighting is terrible and does not show the depth and shine of the wheel... but I will get some better photos this weekend, once the tires are mounted up and balanced and wheels put on the car.

I went with the BOZE ZE Injected wheel as mentioned above. All billet aluminum, welded 2 piece construction. I decided NOT to have the rivets installed around the circumference of the rim either. I also decided NOT to have the center section finished with a brushed-look either as is commonly done with this style wheel). valve stem hole was moved to the backside of the rim to keep the front profile looking clean. The whole wheel was fully polished and then ceramic-coated with a clear coat to prevent it from tarnishing and cutting down on my metal polishing time drastically. I am very very VERY happy with how they turned out.. and I don't mind if other people don't like them at all... I sure do, its the look I was going for

Front are 18"x8" with a 5" backspace and will have a Nitto 555 245/40/18 tire
Rear are 18"x10" with a 5.875" backspace and will have a Nitto 555 285/40/18 tire

Hope to get the tires mounted tomorrow and wheels balanced using the stick on weights so nothing scratched the outer wheel lip. I'll post photos of that when it happens.

For now, here's a few photos I took super quick yesterday after UPS arrived.

more to come in a few days

Last edited by IROCZman15; 06-12-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote