View Single Post
Old 07-18-2023, 07:35 PM   #589
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yea, mines heavy. I forget the exact weight at the moment, but a few pages back i probably took photos of it on the scale byt he nearby quarry. I want to saw 3420 with out me in it and 3620 or so with me and full tank(S).

After Carlisle, the car sat for almost 2 weeks due to life getting busy. Then I recently got under it, for a few things. Had noticed a clunk sometimes under cornering and found that the hole in my panhard bar relocation bracket had opened up (or maybe I drilled it bigger years ago and forgot), anyways, the bolt was moving around so I welded the hole closed and drilled a new one. This is the hole for that special 'stepped down" panhard bar bolt, so you cant use any grade8 fastener off the shelf. Spohn sells them. I also cleaned up all the oil and tried to find the source of the leak. Didn't, but still working on it. Engine oil slings around inside the bellhousing area from somewhere on the back of the block. checked everything I could back there.* Did resolve a squeezed-closed rubber fitting on my "pcv" line which I am CERTAIN was a culprit in the oil blowby and oil leak on the way to carlisle. Ordered some oil dye and blacklight.

Was planning on investigating it at the UMI autocross event this upcoming weekend. Got the car cleaned up, fueled up, packed, aired-up etc this past weekend despite some uncertainty in being able to attend. To make a long story short, my wife has got to go to PA to visit with her family after her father fell some weeks ago and recently had emergency surgery on his brain and bleeding, seizures, etc. She's gotta go out there for sure, so I am going to have to step-out of the UMI autocross event this weekend and stay home in NJ to be with the 1 year old. Having done the UMI event before makes it more of a bummer because this is really a great multi-day event in so many ways. Hopefully UMI can get someone from the wait-list to jump in last minute.

But the car feels good and hopefully that oil leak can be lessened by the pcv hose setup now; will road test it one night; after unloading everything from it !

Last edited by IROCZman15; 07-18-2023 at 08:41 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote