View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 08:50 PM   #1
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

2008 Jeep GC 3.7

Anyone know Jeeps? My friends jeep is having some problems and I don't know jeep for sht.
First was not being able to get the key out of the ignition. Its one of those keys with the RF proximity and the hole in the dash is square. It would release occassionally and could get the key out after waiting. Then I figured out there was a solenoid in the ignition box holding the key in, it was thinking the shift selector wasn't in park. If I moved the selector, while in park, back and over the little switch would activate the solenoid. That was onsistent for a few hours. I looked up on the net for solutions and was finally able to find one guy that removed the plunger from the solenoid. That did the trick and I was able to get the key out any time. I didn't think anything else of this problem and went in the house for the night. Go out to start it the next afternoon and the battery was dead. Jump it and drive it for a bit and then get back and turn it off but the retained accessory power is staying on with the ignition off. I pulled the ignition switch apart again and there is some liquid damage inside. It's a used ignition box though. I haven't looked very hard, but I can't seem to find new ones.
Anyone know if this is a hard to find part? Looks like Dodge had a recall on these

Second/third problem is I am getting a few codes that I will attach to the post. I tried changing the gas cap for the emissions code, but it looks like it hasn't cycled enough times for this to fix it, if it is the problem

Also the cruise control stops working. And there is a code for that. Not sure if it's the switch in the steering wheel or something greater to replace/fix
Also the ABS and traction control light is on. I am thinking wheel speed sensor(s)?

Any help is appreciated
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote