Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

October Project Car of the Month Submissions

Anyone can post one photograph of only their project Camaro or Firebird in this thread. Photographs of multiple cars or cars with models will not be accepted.

Please include your name and a short paragraph (at least a few sentences) describing the ongoing project(s) being done to the car and/or a short story about the car as well.

If this is not posted in this thread by the time voting begins, your car will not be included in the vote.

All submitted pictures should be a minimum size of 640 x 480, as this is the size of the image that will be posted on the home page. If you aren't sure of the size, post it up the largest image you have (within reason), or send a private message to me for assistance.

At the last week of the month we will post a poll that will last for one week and the winner will get to spend the following month showcased on the home page of the site. Past winning cars (regardless of ownership changes) will not be eligible to enter again for 12 months.

Please limit this thread to posts submitting pictures only. Comments and other chit-chat will be removed.

GET THOSE SUBMISSIONS IN!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Adam B.

Hello,

This is my 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28. It was my first true muscle car, though it only has 1 cup holder (I know right?!?). It had minor bolt on's and some rims but currently sports jack stands and scrap metal collection. I plan on taking it for scrap in the coming weeks. It currently is sporting Papa Smurf's driveshaft through the front windshield.

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 09-20-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
greenformula92

My name is Mike and this is my 1992 Firebird Formula 305 TPI with a 700R4 automatic. The car is mostly stock and needs a few things but its getting there. I always wanted a Green Bird, weather it was a T/A, GTA, or Formula. I just kind of lucked out with the formula. I have slowly been fixing things as I am going along. I re-wired the fan relays back to stock. Soon the Steering system will be totally new from the box down. the only thing it needs is exhaust work, a windshield, a left front headlight actuator, and minor body work and some paint. hopefully it won't take too long to finish. but the body work and paint will be last on the list of whatever it is that winds up being done to this car.

2018 Silverado 1500

Last edited by greenformula92; 09-21-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Bill T.

1995 Trans Am M6. LT1/T56 combo with 12k miles on the rebuilt engine and trans. Moroso intake, MSD wires, PCMForLess tune, Pacesetter headers, TSP y, Hooker Aerochamber, Hurst Billet Plus, BMR SFC's and LCA's, poly motor, trans, torque arm mounts.

Got it in April of '11 in pretty good shape. Just finished an Opti/WP/Front cover seal job, new MAF and O2s, and tune. Engine runs beautifully. I am moving on to the exhaust system next (legality), and future plans include a buffing of the paint and glass, undercarriage detail, brakes, shocks, and suspension stuff.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
V
Stalker

Paul H.

This blast from the past is my 1989 Camaro Iroc-Z. It was last driven in 1998 around when it was abandoned. With only 58,000 miles on the odometer, I saved it from complete destruction in 2004. It originally came with a 350TPI engine and auto trans, but will see life again someday as a manual transmission car. My ultimate goal is to build a "Iroc California" replica(not the concept car, the '85 production camaro), with some of my own personal touches. Many parts for this will come from my '85 Iroc-Z.

PS.. it cleans up nice... lol.. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5...uly2008026.jpg

Last edited by V; 09-22-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
Blacdout96

My name is Jeff Conover, and this is my 1996 Camaro. I've been the owner since 2004, and since then has had quite an upgrade in suspension, performance, and appearance. It sports ZR1 replica rims with C5 Corvette Front brakes and LS1 rear brakes, with the rear brakes sitting on a rear housing 4:10 gears purchased from JS Performance, and a T/Z housing cover. It has an SS replica rear wing, shortie antenna, blacked out rear tail lights, and front turn signals, and Grand Sport replica red stripes only on the driver side.

Suspension wise, it has 3-Point sub frame connectors, with tubular lower control arms in the rear, an adjustable pan hard bar, and strut tower brace. It was lowered using Bilstein shocks and Eibach 1.0 lowering springs, and does use the special brackets for the rear lower control arms to recenter them. It feels like steering a boa when the 16.9:1 ratio steering rack is in there, so I put a stop to that by installing a LS1 FE4 14.4:1 ratio, and never looked back. Lastly, to prevent this thing from swaying side to side, I installed a pair of 35mm/25mm sway bars

Drive train wise it has an LS1 aluminum 1 piece drive shaft, which replaced the 25lbs. two-piece drive shaft. To help it breath a little better, an SLP Cold Air Intake system, a polished upper intake to take the castings off, and Pace Setter mid length headers were put on, followed by a road racing-style side exiting exhaust, just behind the passenger side door. The EGR was deleted, and light weight push rods were installed to make it a little more rev happy. The A/C was deleted as well.

It is going under the knife as we speak since I now have a company vehicle, and am starting project "Dead Hand", which is a code name for automatic transmission, since you mostly never use your right hand, so I am going to give it work to do, as well as my left leg by making her stick shift. Also, I am back to working on one of the best N/A V6 engines ever created, by fabbing a larger capacity oil pan I had left over from my previous engine, and a special one off intake that I am designing, along side finishing up the A/C delete panel ( I know Sweet, I'm getting there!!!)

And a big thanks to Alex Quiles for doing my photo shoot a few years back, and I've still yet to have a decent pic taken of my car since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 09-21-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #7
3rdgenLs1

Gabe.

This is my 1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula. Ls1 6-speed. I bought the car about 7 years ago, Im the second owner. Did the motor swap about 4 years ago, and have been enjoying it ever since. Minor suspension upgrades, 4th gen leather seats, motor is basically stock (ls6 intake manifold), single 3" exhaust, 3.42 factory gears. I love this car to death, its the reason Im an auto technician.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia