Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #26
trashman01
15 Second Club

hmm stolen at one point id be running like a guy with stolen goods

next up - 3" lift, Gutted cat/retune/muffler

Past Toys:
1983 Trans AM, 1988 Trans AM, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off-Road, 1986 Camaro IROC, 1984 Chevy K10 lifted, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD
trashman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #27
Fast92RS
Power Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP99GT View Post
id stay far, far away from that car
stay away its not worth it
Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #28
camaro2you

no wounder why its cheap.....
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #29
WayFast84

its a legit re vin from the dmv, its registered now and drivin everyday..

The vin, rear spoiler and front chin are the only reasons why i kinda dont want the car, he said If i ever want to change the color of my car or if i get this car he can do it real cheap.
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #30
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

a 2nd gen camaro = NOT A DAILY DRIVER!

sigh

buy a cavalier or something....drive the god damn thing, learn to drive, have your first accident, etc

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #31
Fast92RS
Power Member

Quote:

sigh

buy a cavalier or something....drive the god damn thing, learn to drive, have your first accident, etc
Listen to what we are saying. MY first car and project was a 87 Camaro W/T-tops and a V6. I beat the s***t out that car. Got into my first accident with it as well doing something stuid and I regreted it. It was a great car, but it would have been better if I would have gotten a little beater and made my way up to a nice car with a project car on the side.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #32
Knipps

Quote:

sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast92RS View Post
Listen to what we are saying. MY first car and project was a 87 Camaro W/T-tops and a V6. I beat the s***t out that car. Got into my first accident with it as well doing something stuid and I regreted it. It was a great car, but it would have been better if I would have gotten a little beater and made my way up to a nice car with a project car on the side.

did the same with my caprice...
beat the snot out of it, toyed with it, loved it, wrecked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #33
79T/A

Quote:
Big AMEN to that one. WayFast, your repeated posts of 'yeah, buts' seem to indicate you really kind of want this 2nd gennie. I remember that feeling when I walked away from a '78 T/A AND an '81 T/A when I was in high school. It seems you already have a project car you've put some time and money into. While the '79 sounds like a fun project car, it's just that: Another project. Winter's coming and you're still going to need to get to school, even in the snow. Being young and driving a nice car in the spring, summer and even the fall is awesome...but it sucks rhino in the winter.

Add to that the black cloud hanging over it (The fact that it was stolen and the VIN has been changed?) and it seems like a bad idea. I'd hate to get stopped for an equipment or other such violation only to find out that the car is still really stolen. Not only do you lose the car, you stand the chance of being charged with Receiving Stolen Property. Don't walk, RUN from that deal.

Good luck. I hope you don't get hosed, whatever you decide.
79T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:20 PM   #34
band77one
15 Second Club

im 20 and i have two cars, my 88 iroc-z i got my senior year, and my 89 silverado i got for my first car. the truck has 203,xxx miles on it and it needs practically the whole body replaced. i got my first accident with it, and thats how i got my camaro, and just last week someone sideswiped it and drove away, trust me, get one stick with one until your really ready to afford 2 vehicles. its not as easy as some people make it look, i only work, no GF and minor bills, and this **** is killin me with two cars!
band77one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #35
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

You should buy it.... it sounds great!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #36
WayFast84

Its a nice car, Im going to pass on it right now because I really only want one car, and I dont even know what car i want right now! For now I just want the POS in the driveway to run.
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #37
Untamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayFast84 View Post
Its a nice car, Im going to pass on it right now because I really only want one car, and I dont even know what car i want right now! For now I just want the POS in the driveway to run.
Finish it but don't be in a hurry.

When in doubt, do NOT just read the manual (do it anyway), also ask a professional.

Get the car running first, cosmetic stuff second, performance mods... when you're out of college and have a stable income.

Stay focused - that means working on the car you have (an 84 TA is as good a learner car as any), graduate from high school with a GPA higher than a 2.0, go to college / tech school / military, THEN start planning for the fun stuff with another F-body. By then the 84 TA will be a beat up daily driver than gets you around, giving you an excuse to pick something else up as a second, weekend cruiser / racer.

Thus endeth the lesson... again....
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #38
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed View Post
Finish it but don't be in a hurry.

When in doubt, do NOT just read the manual (do it anyway), also ask a professional.

Get the car running first, cosmetic stuff second, performance mods... when you're out of college and have a stable income.

Stay focused - that means working on the car you have (an 84 TA is as good a learner car as any), graduate from high school with a GPA higher than a 2.0, go to college / tech school / military, THEN start planning for the fun stuff with another F-body. By then the 84 TA will be a beat up daily driver than gets you around, giving you an excuse to pick something else up as a second, weekend cruiser / racer.

Thus endeth the lesson... again....
put this in a safe place, you'll need to repost it again next month

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #39
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
put this in a safe place, you'll need to repost it again next month
your not kidding, justin or tim should make that individual post a sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge