Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2005, 01:41 AM   #26
BlueFBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPiZZiJP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
well thats one thing we learned in criminal justice classes, cops dont always want to give tickets,(some do though) but most just want you to feel stupid and know you were wrong and admit it, if you say "i wasnt speeding" or "i didnt know"...you're basically getting a ticket. Â*if you do something wrong, say "yes officer, i'm an *******."..and youll be better off...i know for a fact
I don't completely agree with that.... If it's something blatantly stupid like 79camarodiva's situation (no offense, i've done stupid things just liek that myself lol), then yes, better to be honest....

...but sometimes if you think you are being pulled over unjustly, or you know that the cop wasn't able to clock you on the radar... the first thing they'll ask you is "do you know how fast you were going?" Regardless of how fast I am going, I always say "The posted speed limit." If you say "I know I was speeding, I'm sorry", they can give you a ticket based on your admission of guilt right there, even if they don't have you clocked. If you say the "speed limit", they can't give you a speeding ticket if they hadn't clocked you, but hey might give you something else (like, a broken light ticket or some other no-pointer).

I've gotten out of several tickets simply because the cop saw me ZOOMING (literally, zooming) through traffic, however he didn't have me clocked, yet he still pulled me over. When he comes to the car and asks "How fast were you going?" and I reply with "The posted speed limit," he's got nothing to go by other than a visual, which doesn't really justify anything and all he can do is give me a warning and say "slow down.'
i dont agree with that at all...if the officer sees u "zooming" through traffic, pulls u over and u give him a smart ass answer like the speed limit and he didnt have u clocked like u said...ur gettin slapped with somethin prob as much as he can. The best thing to do is jus tell the stright out truth cause u kno cops get that lien **** all day and they dont tolarate it. it complicate their job...u tell the truth and dont start blabin out some dumb ass excuse or how ur not guilty, thats a bad move. tell the truth ull se what good it gets u, lie and its ur goin to get caught and its goin to affect u.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:25 AM   #27
JPiZZiJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFBird
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPiZZiJP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
well thats one thing we learned in criminal justice classes, cops dont always want to give tickets,(some do though) but most just want you to feel stupid and know you were wrong and admit it, if you say "i wasnt speeding" or "i didnt know"...you're basically getting a ticket. if you do something wrong, say "yes officer, i'm an *******."..and youll be better off...i know for a fact
I don't completely agree with that.... If it's something blatantly stupid like 79camarodiva's situation (no offense, i've done stupid things just liek that myself lol), then yes, better to be honest....

...but sometimes if you think you are being pulled over unjustly, or you know that the cop wasn't able to clock you on the radar... the first thing they'll ask you is "do you know how fast you were going?" Regardless of how fast I am going, I always say "The posted speed limit." If you say "I know I was speeding, I'm sorry", they can give you a ticket based on your admission of guilt right there, even if they don't have you clocked. If you say the "speed limit", they can't give you a speeding ticket if they hadn't clocked you, but hey might give you something else (like, a broken light ticket or some other no-pointer).

I've gotten out of several tickets simply because the cop saw me ZOOMING (literally, zooming) through traffic, however he didn't have me clocked, yet he still pulled me over. When he comes to the car and asks "How fast were you going?" and I reply with "The posted speed limit," he's got nothing to go by other than a visual, which doesn't really justify anything and all he can do is give me a warning and say "slow down.'
i dont agree with that at all...if the officer sees u "zooming" through traffic, pulls u over and u give him a smart ass answer like the speed limit and he didnt have u clocked like u said...ur gettin slapped with somethin prob as much as he can. The best thing to do is jus tell the stright out truth cause u kno cops get that lien **** all day and they dont tolarate it. it complicate their job...u tell the truth and dont start blabin out some dumb ass excuse or how ur not guilty, thats a bad move. tell the truth ull se what good it gets u, lie and its ur goin to get caught and its goin to affect u.
You've gotta have the right read on the cop. Specifically with State Troopers, if he comes over and outrightly says "License, registration and insurance card please," you can be sure he was clocking you, and you're being videotaped at that point and he will be conducting the traffic stop with the utmost of professionalism (Since you're being recorded, State Trooopers will take their job very seriously if you're being recorded). However, if he comes over and he's like "Well what's the hurry today?? You got a fire or something to go to?" You have a lot more leigh-weigh. In a situation where the doesn't seem like he's doing things exactly by the book and just trying to give you a hard time, I would never admit guilt to anything.

There are other times where I'm sure that the cop had a radar lock on me, and I won't even put up a fight. I will put my emergency blinkers as soon as I see him pull out into traffic (even before he gets his lights on), and pull over to the shoulder before he even catches up to me. Times like that I will say "I'm sorry, you caught my hand in the cookie jar" or something to that effect.

Please note though, I don't suggest these ideas to everyone... to each their own, you know? I've had enough experiences with cops (my father used to be one as well) where I have a good enough read as to who is conducting a serious stop and who is just trying to mess with me. When I was younger, I used to get pulled over in a nearby town ALL the time on their main drag, where they're notorious for pulling people over for doing 1-2 miles over the speed limit down Main Street in their town (my dad included, even my friend's parents, have been pulled over and simply hassled on this road), so I know when I drive down that road, I am doing EXACTLY, if not under the speed limit). Their justification was, "Young kid, fast red car, probably doing something wrong". I would get pulled over and get hassled, constantly. "Where ya goin son? How fast were you goin? You know you got a taillight out??" (When I really didn't have a taillight out). "Do you know the posted speed limit?" etc. etc. to the point where if I knew I was extremely confidence that I wasn't doing anything wrong, that I'd tell the cop outright, "**** you, I wasn't doing anyhthing wrong, stop giving me a hard time. My father's a retired cop and I know you love to hassle people in this town." To which they'd reply, "Sorry son, didn't know your dad was a cop. Drive safe, have a good evening." This is why I keep a PBA shield in my window. Sadly, it does gain you a slight bit more respect with law enforcement. Maybe this is why I can get away with the things I do get away with... but I do feel that having the proper read on the officer pulling you over will help you giving the right response.
JPiZZiJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:12 AM   #28
BigAls87Z28

ANOTHER CRAZY COP THREAD!!!!

*puts on the Benny Hill music*

I belive my friend said this to an officer one late night after we were pulled over for speeding....
"Most cops are dicks"
I nearly had a heart attack/stroke.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:19 AM   #29
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

I dont fully agree with any of you lol. Yes if it's something blatant and if the cop seems lax I will be honest and straightforward with him, but I was told by my 2nd cousin (retired Yonkers cop) that for something liek speeding, or anything which you might be fighting the ticket (he told me anything at all but i think its flexible) to NEVER admit your guilt. Could be different over in NY tho..

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #30
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
ANOTHER CRAZY COP THREAD!!!! Â*

*puts on the Benny Hill music* Â*

I belive my friend said this to an officer one late night after we were pulled over for speeding....
"Most cops are dicks" Â*
I nearly had a heart attack/stroke.
that came out that night in TR at the Wawa talking with those two cops. they seemed cool, seemed like they could take a comment like that and they let it go by without a blink.

i'd have to agree it's all about knowing who you are dealing with. he could be the coolest cop in town and just be having a bad night, or he could be the biggest prick and might have just gotten a blowjob.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge