Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #26
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

right now the car is still in limited quantity and selling at a premium too. we will see once they start delivering at full capacity what happens.
i am thinking it will be like the GTO, also a great value, sitting on lots for weeks and months before selling.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #27
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
al, racing does not void a warranty unless specifically spelled out in a sellers agreement.
See owner's manual or warranty booklet..... racing or modifying car will void warranty/ warranty related repairs.... trust me

It is spelled out in some manner
Old 01-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #28
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

autocross still isn't "racing" so that won't matter, and as long as i am being instructed at an open track event that is a car control course as well, also not "racing" by definition.
i have seen many people break parts at events and get them fixed under warranty. there are legal definitions of what constitutes racing, and none of them prevent a person from doing any aggressive driving on a track if it is under an instructional basis.
if parts broken through aggressive driving alone voided warranties hardly anyone with an f-body woudl ever have any warranty service done to a vehicle.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #29
BigAls87Z28

Nothing for nothing, but 2 service advisors just told you what might happen. While SOME get away with it, many do not.
Anyway, the Solstice and GTO are very different in that the Solstice is a very attractive car, and at a VERY low price. GTO is an attractive car to some, but price point is higher then most Pontiac cars. Demand for the Solstice is much greater then it was for the GTO. Solstice is said to cary its value better then any other domestic car this year. I saw my first production model last night, and man I really really really want one in a very bad way. I might get the GXP model after the Maxx is done, something to hold me over till the Z28 model is released.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #30
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Autocross still can void a warranty, trust me

I've had warranties voided/ put under review.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #31
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

owners can easily get warranties reinstated if they are unjustly voided, which autocross would allow for since it is not legally defined as racing.
then again, most consumers do not understand their full rights, so i am sure some brands/dealerships get away with this type of thing regularly.
i also just looked over my paperwork for my alero, nothing in the warranty info mentions racing. i will check the sales contract later, but i doubt it woudl be in there either.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #32
2MCHPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
And Id really really like you to go into a dealer after you busted it durring a racing event and have them not laugh in your face.
I took my formula to pocono for a weekend road course event. i blew the power steering in the 3rd session. fluid all over the place. i drove it home, with the kumho R compound tires still on, rims all covered in brake dust, took it straight to the dealer (rte 18 east brunswick pontiac) and they replaced it with no questions asked. it all depends if you find a cool dealer.

i also had t56 go twice (6th gear). first time i was mostly stock and jay fisher did the warranty. second time it happened, i had more mods and they didn't want to fix it under warranty (different dealership this time). i read them the riot act (from SEMA) and demanded that they prove how my exhaust mods caused 6th gear to go again. they folded and fixed it. you just gotta work it. but of course there are no guarantees.
2MCHPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:29 AM   #33
2MCHPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
i wanted to get teh GXP to get back into autocross and attend open track events with. .
just an FYI... most clubs require a convertible have a rollbar to use on open track events. its usually a stipulation to their insurance policy. but if they offer the turbo with the concepts hardtop, that would be awesome
2MCHPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #34
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR
just an FYI... most clubs require a convertible have a rollbar to use on open track events. its usually a stipulation to their insurance policy. but if they offer the turbo with the concepts hardtop, that would be awesome
that is how the miata and vert vette guys get away with it. they sell the clip on tops that use the factory convertable top mountings. i doubt it will take the aftermarket very long to catch up with that idea on the solstice since it uses the exact same hinge style and locks as C4-C5 vettes that have teh tops available.
they even sell the miata ones with bulges in them to clear a helmet better

Old 01-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #35
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

good lord. you guys spent too much of your life replying to this thread.

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
PBodyGT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #36
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge