Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-23-2006, 12:49 AM   #1
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Question What's everyone thankful for?

I didnt wanna whore up the other Thanksgiving thread so i decided to make my own... I actually wanted to share an interesting response i heard tuesday night about what someone was thankful for. apparently, some kid had recently been robbed of his belongings and when asked what he was thankful for this thanksgiving, he said he was thankful that he was the one getting robbed and not the person stealing from others. not really a response you would expect to hear and i just thought i would share it. i, personally, am thankful for how well my life has turned over the past year. i have met a bunch of new friends, i'm finally starting to get my stuff together with school, and my family has been well despite some illness and loss in some respects everything has been going well, thank God.

so, what about everyone else? what are you guys thankful for?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:14 AM   #2
iamsickofitall

i'm thankful that i finally got treated the way i should have been for the last year at work...in the past week, i nearly doubled my salary. i'm glad my company is thankful for what i have given them and thankful that they finally stepped up to the plate...albeit for what i feel are the wrong reasons. i know money isn't everything, but now i can very easily cover my bills and not live with the enormous amount of stress i've been dealing with regarding school loans, car loan and all my other standard monthly expenses

iamsickofitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:18 AM   #3
enRo
13 Second Club

Im thankful that I still have my hand cuz my injury coulda been 10x worse. Im also thankful for the people I consider my true friends that were there for me when I needed them the most during my mishap, and I respect everyone of them for doing so.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:21 AM   #4
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Im thankful for my two healthy kids, PITA wife who lets me go away for a week to vegas and watched said healthy kids by herself, my job just because I still have one I guess is good, a roof over our heads, & all the people I've met on this site & through tuning I've met alot of good people.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
johnjzjz

I am thankful to hear this week was not so violent over in Iraq and some of our boys were not killed -- here's is to hoping they come back soon -- jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:48 AM   #6
baddest434
8 Second Club

i happy every morning that i wake up breathing. and for my wife and kids and grandkids and the cool friends i have met thought the years,
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

I'm thankful for a lot of things; my family, my friends, the opportunities i have in life. Not many people my age can say they've been doing anything for 14 years, and i just closed my 14th straight racing season. I love what i do and the people who help me do it or just cheer me on. The people on this site have been great to me, which is why i do what i can to help out in any way; from bbqs at school/home/Island to helping with the nats, to putting together this calendar and more.. A price tag can't be put on great friendships, and I have more than a few that I hope will last a lifetime, it's just my way of of repaying the club back, so thanks.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #8
johnjzjz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
I'm thankful for a lot of things; my family, my friends, the opportunities i have in life. Not many people my age can say they've been doing anything for 14 years, and i just closed my 14th straight racing season. I love what i do and the people who help me do it or just cheer me on. The people on this site have been great to me, which is why i do what i can to help out in any way; from bbqs at school/home/Island to helping with the nats, to putting together this calendar and more.. A price tag can't be put on great friendships, and I have more than a few that I hope will last a lifetime, it's just my way of of repaying the club back, so thanks.

I have seen some of you photos and this one had me thinking you would like it -- happy thanksgiving to you and yours MELISSA -- jz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image001333.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	517  

Last edited by johnjzjz; 11-23-2006 at 10:07 AM.
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #9
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjzjz View Post
I have seen some of you photos and this one had me thinking you would like it -- happy thanksgiving to you and yours MELISSA -- jz
thank you john. ill pass along the message. Happy Thanksgiving to you, and tell marc i said the same
Old 11-23-2006, 10:15 AM   #10
WayFast84

Im thankfull for my family and freinds. Everysingle one of them could have turned there back on me, through some of my hardships but none of them did.

edit

Im also thankfull we no longer have a POS ford parked in are driveway.

Last edited by WayFast84; 11-23-2006 at 12:41 PM.
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #11
trashman01
15 Second Club

im thankful that my cuzin alicia and the rest of the men and women of the US armed services are out there protecting us on this day. God Bless them all

next up - 3" lift, Gutted cat/retune/muffler

Past Toys:
1983 Trans AM, 1988 Trans AM, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off-Road, 1986 Camaro IROC, 1984 Chevy K10 lifted, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD
trashman01 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge