Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

Friend rant

Ok, the city was a good time yesterday. Paul drove me home and i went to take a nap. My step pops came home and told me that Mike this guy i work with found out he has lukemia. Mike is like a father to me. Worst part is that he is only 54 yrs old.

Anyhow, I texted a bunch of friends about it. They all where just like "oo that sux" or "sorry man". IDK if its just me but if a friend texted me or in a few cases i called some ppl. and that friend was all weirded out, I'd be at their house in not itme flat. Is it just me thats like this? Anyhow, some of you know how im best friends with this girl. I'm not gunna put her name up but the ppl. that know the situation know who im talking about. I cant talk to this gilr about anything at anytime. Basicly, I am a lil upset about this cuz he is a father to me. She says "y worry bout something u cant control", "stop taliking about it cuz its not worht it." Wat a bitch. When anything bothers her im there. I'm not gunna sit here and say how many times i didn it or to the extent but its a lot farther then a normal person wopuld for a friend. SO basicly within the past two weeks ive forund out whos a friend and who isnt. IT seems that the only tru freinds i have at the moment are all of u guys. Thanks for everything and I'm goin for walk,

Tim
Firebird67dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

if the people you told about it were local, I would expect them to at least offer to visit you. but if they aren't too close to you or were busy with school or work, I doubt they would have time to do that.

Hell, even calling you would have been a nice gesture. You'll find that in life you'll end up being a better friend to some than they are to you. You'll also find the opposite sometimes.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
if the people you told about it were local, I would expect them to at least offer to visit you. but if they aren't too close to you or were busy with school or work, I doubt they would have time to do that.

Hell, even calling you would have been a nice gesture. You'll find that in life you'll end up being a better friend to some than they are to you. You'll also find the opposite sometimes.
QFT. +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

Update on Mike. He was moved from Valley in Ridgewood to Cornell in the east side. MY step dad says hes not doing good at all. This sucks.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
Ian

do they know yet how far along the leukemia is?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

They have a whole bunch of stints in him and they are gunna treat him with extensive high kemo or however its spelt
Old 12-11-2006, 06:55 PM   #7
Ian

its terrible when stuff like this happens to the ones you love and respect. If you feel the need to talk, you can IM me. MISFIT1300
Old 12-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
jimmyboy8301
12 Second Club

wow tim i'm really sorry to hear that, if you want to talk you have my aol sn, and you can get my cell from several people on here. if you want to come be with friends we're meeting at chili's tomorrow. i'm around weds and thurs also if you want to do something to get your mind off of it.

2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Vortec Max
Superlift/BMF/Toyo/EFI Live/K&N/Cherry Bomb/Pioneer/Alpine/Bose/and more
2001 Chevy Camaro SS SOM build #487 12.44 @ 107.92 *SOLD*
jimmyboy8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #9
misterjuice

May be I'm an ******* out of this bunch but I wouldn't expect people to drop whatever they're doing and come by, to be with me, if I tell them someone I know had a leukemia, or something that severe. May be it's just my nature that I don't care much for anybody else outside my family and circle of friends.

Such is life. There are people that once you're their friend, will jump through hoops and do a song and dance for you, no questions asked............but for one of those people, there are hundreds others that wouldn't give a ****.

Let me ask you this....do you do all these things for this "girl", that I think you're just a little bit in love with, because you want to do them because you're just a genuine nice person.........or do you them thinking that if it was your turn, she'd do the same for you???? Think about it.

2008 G8 GT Ignition Orange - New Era OTR intake, PM-FL Axle Back, SuperChips Cortex Tune
misterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:36 PM   #10
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

My aunt was recently diagnosed with cancer and passed away within a week of finding out. That makes the 3rd family member to pass away this year. I don't mean to sound harsh, but you will get used to family/friends passing. You'll find your own way to deal with it, but don't get mad at others.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #11
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuice View Post
Let me ask you this....do you do all these things for this "girl", that I think you're just a little bit in love with, because you want to do them because you're just a genuine nice person.........or do you them thinking that if it was your turn, she'd do the same for you???? Think about it.
I see what your saying. But no I don't expect anything back. But its always been a one way street with these people and I'm just tired of it.

I'm not going to try and make everyone see it my way but when my friend killed herself that ****ed with my head like you can't believe. Again all of them were just like "oo that sux" one buddy even said "was she hot". Nice "friends" I have.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #12
WayFast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
My aunt was recently diagnosed with cancer and passed away within a week of finding out. That makes the 3rd family member to pass away this year. I don't mean to sound harsh, but you will get used to family/friends passing. You'll find your own way to deal with it, but don't get mad at others.
word,

if your "freinds" wont even want to talk then their more of aquaintences, if some one says ohh im sorry if u need any thing let me know. their a freind, now if some one drops everything and comes over to see if your allright, to me thats considered family.

no matter what happens to some one you know, you must look at it like you WILL see them again, cause the second you doubt never seeing them again, and when people die thats all they do, youll always think that and it will piss you off more and more,

If u need to talk im me.
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:43 PM   #13
Tsar
MIR

This will sound assholeish, but its coming from me so you'll understnad. As you grow up you'll learn that people dont care about other people. i got used to it, so will you. There's nothing more i can say that im sorry about your friend, but ive never been a fan of suicide victims. However ill restrain myself and wont say anything.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #14
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayFast84 View Post
If u need to talk im me.
Yea, NO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
This will sound assholeish, but its coming from me so you'll understnad. As you grow up you'll learn that people dont care about other people. i got used to it, so will you. There's nothing more i can say that im sorry about your friend, but ive never been a fan of suicide victims. However ill restrain myself and wont say anything.
Na, I see what your saying. Its just weird how basicly all my friends are one way streets. Not just with this either, for example cuz I'm a retard and lost my DL MY good "friends" were all like "dont worry Tim, I'll give you rides to school" Yea ok, I asked a few of them, they would say " oo i am watching a movie sorry I cant" MY BALLS. Damn asshats are too lazy to give me a lift to school.

I appreciate you restraining yourself. This girl wasnt an emo gilr at all. Whole situation just sux, then Mike having lukemia is just a kick to the balls.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge