Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
ShitOnWheels

Update on...

..the wedding plans. Cause I know all of you are so enthralled by this.

So, we were planning a wedding for May 08. We were talking a week or so ago about it all, and realized we have the money now to have the wedding and not go in to debt (we have a lot of help from both our families and I saved a lot more than I expected). So, we booked our place on Friday.

June 8, 2007 at Lake Mohawk Country Club in Sparta (www.lakemohawkcountryclub.com).

So, now I need honeymoon ideas. We have looked at a cruise to the Bahamas/Carribean, and while it's nice an inexpensive enough for us to afford, we're not sure how well it will suit us (due to some medical issues of an unknown cause that could be affected by being on a boat). And we are also looking into all inclusive packages only, and we are not sure if these cruises would be all inclusive.

So we looked at all inclusive resorts in the Bahamas and Carribean. And Sandals is expensive (for 7 nights plus flight, it's $4400, which we can't afford on our own). We found the Breeze resorts, which is also all inclusive and about half the price, but I"m a little skeptical when looking at reviews. So I'm shying away from it, despite it being more affordable.

Anyone else have any ideas that are reasonable? We even thought about a cruise around Hawaii, but the cost to fly out there is what is keeping us from doing that one. At least a cruise we can leave from Philly or NYC and avoid flight costs.

Our only requests are it include a beach in a warm place and have a lot of things for us to do for the week when we aren't consumating the marriage (sorry, had to throw that in there lol).
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
misterjuice

Go to his mom's house in VT....it's on the water.....

and btw....EWWW on the consumating the marriage part........do you seriously want little James and Beanie running around??? *vomit* at the thought.

all i gotta say is "I've had it with these little James and little Beanies on this mfing plane"

2008 G8 GT Ignition Orange - New Era OTR intake, PM-FL Axle Back, SuperChips Cortex Tune
misterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
chrisfrom nj

go to the dominican repblic a place called punta cana
chrisfrom nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
misterjuice

PUTA BITCH????!!!!!

2008 G8 GT Ignition Orange - New Era OTR intake, PM-FL Axle Back, SuperChips Cortex Tune
misterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
Brando56894
15 Second Club

si senor! go to the gm plant in canada
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:57 PM   #6
Untamed

Invest two hours into talking with your local AAA / travel agent. Just chatting with one of those folks will save you a lot of time looking around, plus it'll save you from all the heckling from these clowns.

My honeymoon was at Hilton Head, SC. If you stay on Sea Pines, it's an exclusive resort so no regular travel / beach goers. PLENTY of open beach space, few kids, golf, shopping, biking, hiking, horseback riding, clubs and bars, family and fine dining, sail boating and jet skies in Beufort sound where you can watch the dolphins "run" twice a day. If you wanna eat in, the grocery store (Publix) is litterally right outside the gates. They even have a paintball field within a 30 minute drive in Beufort. You can rent a condo or a house on the beach, depending on your budget. Check out Hilton Head Island, South Carolina then look into the Sea Pines resort. It's a 13 hour drive from central NJ, saving money on airfare and rental cars, plus you wont loose your luggage - just head straight south on I-95 to exit 8 in SC, make a left and keep going until you hit the gates. It really is that easy. Can you tell I've been there once or twice?

Another option, with a little more party atmosphere is Key West. YOu can stay at the southern most point of the US, surrounded by beach, with some of the other stuff I described above for SC. If you have a rental car you dont have to stay there though, the rest of the keys have things to do. However I think most people go there to relax, lazily walk along the shops, hang out on the beach, then hit a tiki bar or three before going back to the hotel to "consumate" their vacations / honeymoons. I would advise flying there since driving would be a 2 day event each way.

Another idea is a B&B somewhere in New England. There are lots of B&B's right on the beach, within an hour of a major city, from CT and RI through Mass and Maine. If you enjoy the idea of a smaller, more intimate setting, with the ability to drive to the fun outside of the room or beach, then its a much shorter trip north (and less expensive) than the others I mentioned.

Lots of other choices, but I'll stop there. If you have AAA, use it!
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #7
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Because so many people still have it confused......

****onwheels = girl
12secondv6 = guy

To this day, we still get PM's asking one of us if we are gay...... there is nothing wrong w/ being gay..... but she is a girl.... I am a guy.

Thank you, drive thru
Old 01-29-2007, 07:48 AM   #8
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secondv6 View Post

****onwheels = girl
12secondv6 = guy

To this day, we still get PM's asking one of us if we are gay...... there is nothing wrong w/ being gay..... but she is a girl.... I am a guy.

Thank you, drive thru
I'm sure that avatar doesn't help.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #9
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

But.... I'm not in it.....
Old 01-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #10
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
But.... I'm not in it.....
Matters not.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #11
Tsar
MIR

um..Lake Mohawk, thats a like 3 miles away from my house!
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #12
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

I 2nd the idea of talking to a local travel agent. If you're willing to sacrifice some of the extra added 'luxury' bs that kind of gives a false impression of what the islands/towns are like, defintiely look into some of the smaller all inclusive resorts. I've stayed at one in Cozumel, Mexico and one in Jamaica, both were situated pretty close to some of the giant resorts, and while the other places looked nice, the ones i stayed at were a blast, staff was great and there was plenty to do. If you guys want, I'll find the name of them.. Cozumel especially was a blast and i would highly recommend going there.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #13
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post

Quote:
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #14
slugger27nj

First of all, congrats on your big day! If you're considering doing a cruise, I think it's a great way to go. Usually everything on a cruise is inclusive EXCEPT for your booze, shore excursions, and gratuities. The things I like best about cruising is you get to see a different place each day, and of course....all the food! We cruise on Royal Caribbean, and the ships are immaculate, the service is outstanding and there's alot of things to do onboard. They actually go right out of Bayonne at the Cape Liberty Cruise Port. You can save some $$$ by booking an inside or an ocean view cabin. They're the same size as the balcony cabins, just with no balcony. We usually don't spend much time in the cabin, so even though having a balcony is nice, it's really not all that much better. Just try to get on a mid-level deck because there's usually less 'movement'. On that note, if you're concerned about getting sea sick, you can wear a dramamine patch behind your ear. It's about the size of a dime or smaller, and they must work because I saw quite a few people wearing them.

We stopped at St Lucia on our last cruise and spent the day at Sandals, Halcyon. It was very nice, and I got smashed at the swim up bar, but I honestly don't think I would've been happy spending an entire week there, especially for the $$$ it costs. I'm pretty sure Breezes and Sandals are the same company, but Breezes is a family resort which is probably why it's less expensive.

www.njboxerrescue.com
www.fassasfriendsboxerrescue.com
www.awarenessday.org
slugger27nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #15
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Buahahahahaaha also the sig doesnt help either... Neons, neons, neons
Old 01-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #16
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:

****onwheels = girl
12secondv6 = guy

Thank you, drive thru

ah

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:11 PM   #17
ShitOnWheels

Thanks guys. YOu have given me some great ideas for the honeymoon.

And yes, our avatars probably do not help the matter, but it is still funny nonetheless. I promise when we're married I"ll have a wedding picture up instead.
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #18
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****OnWheels View Post
I promise when we're married I"ll have a wedding picture up instead.
Maybe I'll have a pic of my neon

Check ur pm's
Old 01-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #19
Teds89IROC

Quote:

****onwheels = girl
12secondv6 = guy

Thank you, drive thru

1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge