Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #26
nj85z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
why does a car make a difference?
its not the car, its the typical operator of said car..most of them deserve it. i had one do a "flyBy" in the freakin snow today, he passed me doing at least 100....ive also seen these cars operated at speeds 120+ in rain storms...

im not wishing anything on anyone, but these damn kids need to learn somehow
Old 02-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #27
Batman
11 Second Club

Well I won't pass judgement because we have all been there at one point or another, maybe we got away with, maybe not. But I really don't feel bad for him for being a bonehead. I am just glad he lived and nobody else really got hurt. Personally I don't think anyone sub 21 years old is ready for a car with 300+ HP, especially if it is their first car.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123

Last edited by Batman; 02-02-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #28
brp88gta

im glad he survived but it doesnt seem like he learned all he should have learned. it pisses me off that he says "this story is about an UNLUCKY 19 yo". i was actually involeved in a bad aacedent in october, and i was the passenger.
it was my first few weeks of college in my freshman year. my friend andy lived about 30 minutes from school so me, him, and my best friend brenden went to his town for the day.when we got there he introduced me to his freind ryan who had a riced out pos neon.
we deciuded to go to wal mart and ryan said he was going to drive. right then i just had a bad feeling. he was the stereotypical ricer kid with the fart can and an intake and thought it was the fastest car on the streets.
me and brenden were in the back seat while andy was in the from. from the get go the kid starts out going about 90 in a 25. i seriously thought i was going to die that night. i told the ******* to slow down but he did nothing. to make it was worse it was dark out.
no more than 2 miniutes into the ride we go around a turn, get sideways and hit a tree doing about 60.
the first think i thought was a sence of relife that it was over. then i opend my eyes to see andy not moving in the front seat. after about a min, he wakes up. i was so worried about him i didnt even think to look to my right. the next thing i saw was brenden with his head slumped over with blood puring from his head. i honestly thought he was dead for a few seconds.
to save all the rest of the details, he was medi vaced out and spent 2 days in intesive care. he had internals bleeding in his brain, his forhead ripped from his head and a dislocated jaw. he has minor brain damage and has really bad short term memeory and doesnt remeber anything from the ride.
the driver not so much as even appologized to any of us. you would think the kid would be smarter, consitering his cousin had died about a year before do to a car crash.
it scares the **** outa me knowing what kinda people are driving on the roads. some people are not mature enough to dirve. and for people who say, kids do stupid stuff, that is not true. my first car was/is a 88 gta. never streetraced, just take it to the track.

so for anyone thinking of getting in the car with someone you dont know/trust, go with your gut feeling. i got lucky, just bruses and cuts, but it could have been much worse. stuff like this sticks with you. every single time i get in the car i think of that night. i dont have any sympathy for people who do stupid **** on the streets. PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO THINK
brp88gta is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge