Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Far Beyond Po'ed! Bank messin with me ....

Some of you may remember about a month ago I traded my old bike in at a dealer for my new one. During the signing, me and the salesman called the bank my loan was through, got the payout amount and everything seemed fine....... NOPE!

Either the bank gave the wrong payout amount, or put it in somehow as a monthly payment cause I got a statement sent to me the other day for a balance of $988.55. . How the hell can you be that far off!?!? I know the dealership sent the exact money that they were told cause i see it on the statement.

To add injury to insult, I called up the bank, (whom is the same company that my best buy credit card is through), to see why they gave the wrong amount to me and the salesman. Gave my name, account #, social sec. #, and b-day just like i did a month ago. Well, they are now telling me that the birthdate that I'm telling them, doesn't match whats in their system, ON BOTH ACCOUNTS.

I had to fax them a copy of my license, but what happens when you copy a glossy object, then fax it? YEP, all they are getting is a unreadable black square on a piece of paper.

They want their money, but they are going to do everything to not get it. Now, I'm going to start

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85

Last edited by deadtrend1; 09-17-2007 at 05:08 PM.
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Take a picture of it and email it to them instead.

Tim just had the bank try to tell him his monthly payment on the '99 was $750ish. They must be getting more greedy all the sudden.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
deadtrend1

jesus, 750 on the 99??????

Good idea with the camera, this is the problem, my DL copy has to be sent to the "corrospondance department" which doesn't take incomming calls. So my only choice is to snail mail it to then if i cant get a good copy to fax. Ill try and talk tomorrow and see if i can email it

If this isn't resolved soon, I'll be even more angry if it goes against my credit as missed payment ....

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85

Last edited by deadtrend1; 09-17-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtrend1 View Post
Some of you may remember about a month ago I traded my old bike in at a dealer for my new one. During the signing, me and the salesman called the bank my loan was through, got the payout amount and everything seemed fine....... NOPE!

Either the bank gave the wrong payout amount, or put it in somehow as a monthly payment cause I got a statement sent to me the other day for a balance of $988.55. . How the hell can you be that far off!?!? I know the dealership sent the exact money that they were told cause i see it on the statement.

To add injury to insult, I called up the bank, (whom is the same company that my best buy credit card is through), to see why they gave the wrong amount to me and the salesman. Gave my name, account #, social sec. #, and b-day just like i did a month ago. Well, they are now telling me that the birthdate that I'm telling them, doesn't match whats in their system, ON BOTH ACCOUNTS.

I had to fax them a copy of my license, but what happens when you copy a glossy object, then fax it? YEP, all they are getting is a unreadable black square on a piece of paper.

They want their money, but they are going to do everything to not get it. Now, I'm going to start
Go to the bank and lay the smack down. People have a harder time ignoring you if you are in their face.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
deadtrend1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Go to the bank and lay the smack down. People have a harder time ignoring you if you are in their face.
its HSBC retail services. They are in Carol Stream, IL. You want to drive cause I'm up for that....

Old 09-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
WildBillyT

Then I bid you good luck. Make sure to take a lot of notes and get the names of everyone you speak to.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #7
deadtrend1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Then I bid you good luck. Make sure to take a lot of notes and get the names of everyone you speak to.
ive been writing key stuff down. not the names, ill start doing that. thanks.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #8
WildBillyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtrend1 View Post
ive been writing key stuff down. not the names, ill start doing that. thanks.
Get operator ids if they have them too. Sometimes there's more than one "Mike" or "Mary", etc.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge