Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 05-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Detailed my subie and 2006 altima

Today since I didnt have any customer details planned I decided to show the subie and my moms altima a little love. Neither were in bad shape at all just needed a light polish and some spring cleaning basically. The paint sealant i applied at the beginning of last nov was still holding up half decent. Anyway heres a few quick pics.

I also built myself a water filtration system as I have a problem with hard water and water spots when im detailing. Since i didnt feel like paying 140-300 for a premade system i decided to do it myself. I'll do a writeup on it this week for those of you that are interested. it only cost me 80 bucks including the hose and hose reel.

And heres one to get an idea of what my shop looks like....

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

question: whats the rule about detailing new cars? i thought you were supposed to wait a year
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

lookin sharp. that shop looks awesome. like chilled out, good times shop. deff explain the water filtration. hard water suuuucks
Old 05-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
question: whats the rule about detailing new cars? i thought you were supposed to wait a year

The paint can be polished use glaze etc. anytime your just not supposed to wax it... i normally go 90 days from when it was painted at the factory some people say more some say less ive never seen any problems. For aftermarket paint id listen to what your painter says but it ranges anywhere from 30-90 days. I think it depends on which shop you take it to and the painter. If theres a real reason for the difference in suggestion i would beleive it would depend on if the car was painted in a heated booth and the type of paint/clear they use but im not entirely sure.

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #5
maroman88
12 Second Club

wow must be nice to have lots o property! a guy near me picked up a 3rd gen exact same as urs recently too
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia