Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #76
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjzjz View Post
1-first off she is a mother of 5 eldest son on his way to irak she understands what it means to have a boy over their in harms way
2 - Alaska in the most environmentally conscious state in the union and she won the job by pointing out the corrupt stuff that had been going on by the Washington insiders
3- with in a few weeks and days you might hear she is a no nonsense person who gets the job done and is not looking to be patted on the back
4-having a non Washington insider like biden is for sure is a big plus with real Americans today away from the metros like NYC and LA i could go on but i think you should look for your self before you automatically point a blind finger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
1. Biden was the father of four, his one child and wife killed in a car accident, and his son is also in the Army and is headed off to Iraq

2. Yet she is a strong supporter of the idea of turning Alaska into Linden, by digging the state up and drilling for oil, and is a supporter and voted for the largest natural gas pipeline system in North America in Alaska.

3. Gets the job done? lol What, in the year and a half shes actually had a job in major politics?

4. I have looked, and I study, evaluate, and listen. And I conclude that this is a sexist, insulting, superficial nomination that undermines the very integrity of both the office of the Vice President, and that of the President of the United States of America itself.
1) And her 5th kid, that she just had, has down syndrome. Shouldn't her priority be on making sure she has as much time as possible to make sure all is well with her newborn, ill child?

2) Pointed out corruption, guess it's a "takes one to know one" scenario and that's why she's under investigation now in Alaska for abuse of power? http://www.ktva.com/ci_10026165

3) Or her cluelessness as to what the job even entitles (check the first link in this thread, or I can find you many more sources for this) may be what is revealed to everyone.

And ouch. Searching around an Alaskan TV website, I just found this: http://www.ktva.com/ci_10337913

Quote:
If McCain hoped to stop Democrats from getting much mileage out of the oil issue in this presidential election, he picked the wrong vice presidential candidate.
His choice, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, comes from a state whose lifeblood is oil. Palin favors opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil and gas development, something McCain opposes. Her family even gets one of its paychecks from the oil industry: Palin's husband, Todd Palin, earned $46,790 last year as a facility operator for BP Alaska in Prudhoe Bay."
Quote:
Campaign contributions Palin collected earlier in her political career could also provide fodder for Democratic campaign ads, tying her to an Alaska Republican political scandal from which she has tried to distance herself.
Palin raised at least $4,500 for her unsuccessful 2002 campaign for lieutenant governor from executives of VECO Corp., an oil services contractor at the heart of a massive influence-peddling investigation. Alaska Republican Sen. Ted Stevens is accused of accepting more than $250,000 in home renovations and gifts from VECO executives and failing to disclose them on his annual financial statements; the senator says he is innocent. Palin received $500 each from nine VECO executives in December 2001, including then-CEO Bill Allen, who last year pleaded guilty to federal conspiracy, bribery and tax charges and agreed to cooperate in the corruption investigation.

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.

Last edited by Savage_Messiah; 08-29-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:10 AM   #77
enRo
13 Second Club

The more I hear and read about elections, the more I want to move to Cuba where power changes every 50 or so years
Old 08-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #78
SStealth2k

I love how everyone is making this election about Bush, It's not about him and not about who can point out his mistakes. It's about the candidates now, not Bush. And no McCain is not going to be another George Bush, It's just easy to point fingers because you dislike him.

00 SS M6, bolt-ons and appearance mods, Make an offer For Sale
Old 08-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #79
johnjzjz

now that Mc Cain has assured a victory with his VP pick i am not going to banter with the younger crew who knows it ( all ) i understand believe me , i have learned that in my house over many years , i have 3 kids now all in their thirty's and i am not so dumb any more, maybe its that they woke up < because i have not changed - single and foot loose you can believe what ever it is that rows your boat, being married buy a house start a family, and over many elections you see what is going on, its different than what the professor blathered BUT you wont get their closed minded, and Looking back wards at President Bush as the fault of all evil in your world is immature - the skinny dude can talk a good game, but in my life time, i never met a talker to be able to do 1/2 of what he sayes, the term money talks bu(( ^%$ walks come to mind, but i do believe their are many like me who dont understand being told by him he can fix everything for everyone, he has an answer you can grab on to for everything but many cant be swayed by the talking stump, been their before and we are no better off today with both sides in charge, and BTW both sides are in charge all you have to do is look, and get over it we will be drilling in Alaska and off shore in many places, and its the dudes bidding the fuel prices who have caused the winfall profits not the oil company's -- jz

Last edited by johnjzjz; 08-30-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge