Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
band77one
15 Second Club

Chris Pronger comes to philly

flyers acquired chris pronger and ryan dingle from Anaheim for 2 first round picks, conditional 3rd round pick, Luca sbisa and joffrey lupul.

guess its time to get me a malkin jersey, paul holmgren is seriously dropping the ****ing ball.
band77one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Frosty

Bye, no REAL Flyers fan EVER says they're going to switch to a team like the Pens...let alone get a scumbag Malkin jersey. Holmgren BUILT that team...he brought them from a last place team 2 years ago and has them at the top of the league again(even with their playoff debacle this year). No wonder why Philly fans have a rep for being clueless....I really hope you're only saying that out of frustration and not being serious.

They need a hard hitting D-man. I don't like the fact that they gave up Sbisa...but draft picks are easy to come by and Lupal was inconsistent. I don't think it's a horrible trade, I'm shocked by it but they could've done a lot worse. Would you rather Clarke back as the GM?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Tony, I agree with you except for the scumbag Malkin comment.

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
band77one
15 Second Club

as a die hard philly fan, i should reach through this monitor and smack you for taking that comment seriously! jk! im just pissed, we gave up WAY TOO MUCH just to get ryan dingledangle and pronger. pronger is the d-man we need but, for lupul, sbisa , and THREE freakin draft picks im sorry thats just a ****** move. and considering he just brought in ray "the cancer" emery? im losing faith in homer

Last edited by band77one; 06-26-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:17 AM   #5
Frosty

I don't mind Lupal going, I really, REALLY don't like losing Sbisa...

The draft picks...eh....I see your point but I really don't like seeing Sbisa going.

....and Tim...Malkin is a scumbag.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 06-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
Blacdout96

I like hear were getting pronger, but im not happy hearing what we gave up for him and dingling... I love the flyers, but its always like them to throw away some of their strong players for some bad moves.....Hell Flyers suck at doign any kind of deals. May I bring up the case of Chris Gratton, the $10 million nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
Frosty

Hmmm, I'd say Coburn, Timonen and Hartnell have worked out pretty well.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
Blacdout96

If you say so. Hartnell yeah, others not bad, but I've yet to see someone really shine, or the team seem to be a real threat for the cup, to me they seem to be semis and then they flop at best. They are good, I'll give them that, but not good enough to be a contender.

Where my legion of doom line at? That was where it was at back in the day.

Quote:

Last edited by Blacdout96; 06-27-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
Frosty

Timonen has been rock solid...Coburn was steal...they're both solid D-men...they just don't have that big hitter, ala Hatcher...hence Pronger coming in.

It boggles my mind with some Philly fans...the team goes from worst one year and the Conf. Finals shortly there after and people still bitch...Holmgren did more in a year and a half than Clarke did in 5yrs.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
Blacdout96

I don't bitch, I'm more of a realist, my eyes arent blind by always thinking were the best when you can feel were not. You cant tell me were cup worthy. If you think so, you need to consult your doctor to take you off that medication. We get our moments of bein awesome, and then there are times in the season that are just rediculous, and that will happen, it's sports, but when you take a look at Carolina, Detroit, Ottowa ( really they are good during the season, and then just flop IMO) and other teams that show more promise for the cup then the flyers. I love the flyers, Im a big fan, but I'm not goign to waste my breath in vain when I know it's not gonna happen. Flyers are going to need more then 1 good line or two lines with 2-3 really good players. Last time I felt we had a chance, LeClair, Recchi, and Roenick was playing.....but little things kept us from going all the way.

Quote:
Old 06-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #11
Frosty

Where'd I say they were cup worthy? I didn't. I merely said they made a big turn around. I never said they were a cup team(though close which seems to be the same story EVERY damn year ) You're bringing up Chris Gratton like it has any bearing on today...different team, different GM, different mind set.

They're far from a cup unless they get hot at the right time. They needed a solid D-man which they now have. I think Emmery is a step in the WRONG direction but that's what happens when you have a salary cap. I still think they need another D-man that can put the puck in the net like a Gonchar(even though Gonchar can't play D to save his life). Hopefully Briere stays healthy, they need him to bet a 40+ goal scorer to make a deep run.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #12
band77one
15 Second Club

lol we have every right to bitch and moan and complain and haggle the whole organization, when was the last time we went to the cup finals? until we at least make it there, i think every move, every shift needs to start being scrutinized haha, OR we could be like pittsburgh, tank it for like 5 years straight and get a whole bunch of top notch talent haha
Old 06-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Hopefully Briere stays healthy, they need him to bet a 40+ goal scorer to make a deep run.
QTF

Quote:
Old 06-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
band77one
15 Second Club

we have so much scoring depth we dont need to rely solely on danny briere, but it would be nice if he started to play worth what we are paying him
Old 06-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by band77one View Post
OR we could be like pittsburgh, tank it for like 5 years straight and get a whole bunch of top notch talent haha
Don't forget the part about having fans that couldn't tell you a player on that team 4yrs ago. That pathetic organization couldn't pay people to see their team...and like you said...be the laughing stock of the league for 5yrs and horde all of the top draft picks lol

Old 06-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #16
band77one
15 Second Club

hey, it worked for them didnt it? lol i wouldnt be able to deal with 5 years of being last in the league i would die. we'll see what goes on, maybe we could trade carcillo back to wherever phoenix, since they were sold, to get upshall back, or possibly get rid of him for another almost washed up defenseman
Old 06-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #17
Frosty

Upshall was a salary cap move, nothing more.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #18
NastyEllEssWon

you aint getting nothing past Hextall!
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

I hate to see them give up Sbisa, he looks like he has a lot of potential. Briere is too small/fragile and will never make it through a season and the playoffs without injury.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge