Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Right or Wrong???
Dead Wrong 13 56.52%
Not a Big Deal 10 43.48%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
Knipps

You can try and teach your kids all you like, parents don't always hold the most influence over their kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.

Last edited by Knipps; 07-01-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #27
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
You can try and teach your kids all you like, parents don't always hold the most influence over their kids.
that's because most of those parents try to be friends with their kid, instead of being an actual parent. Either way if one breeds they are responsible for the offsprings not joe the manager.

Last edited by Tsar; 07-01-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #28
ShitOnWheels

Disclaimer: I don't have kids...yet. I have worked with children infant through adulthood for the past 10 years in some capacity, so I know how they think.

I don't think it's as big of a deal as some are making it out to be. It wasn't the best thing they could have done, but definitely not the worst. There are a billion fake things that look like the real thing that kids see, play with, or otherwise use every day: toy guns, novelty candy that look like cigarettes, pretzels that kids pretend are cigarettes, hell, even action figures (like wrestling figures that depict different moves). No one is up in arms about those. What about those little motorized cars for kids (like the mini jeeps and hummers), no one has a problem with them. But if a four year old kid saw the keys to mommy and daddy's car, would they think "it's the same as my little car, let me take it for a spin"??? What about the movies that depict cars going through store fronts, do kids think they can take their mini motorized jeep and do the same? With guns, this sometimes does happen, where the kids play with the fake guns, see a real one and think it'll be the same....which brings me to my next point....

It's up to the parents to raise the child to know there is a difference between real and fake, reality and imagination. I think it would have been worse if the candies looked like real pills, but it was tootsie rolls and other candies that do not look anything like real prescriptions. And I'd imagine the parents could decide whether to even take the candy-filled pill bottles and/or whether to give it to their child. As I said, I'm sure there are much better ways to go about promoting the pharmacy, but it's not a reason to be up in arms about it.
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #29
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****OnWheels View Post
Disclaimer: I don't have kids, but I am married to a man-boy who tends to get into tons of trouble.

Fixed for humor.

Stupid idea, on mutliple levels.
#1 I hate the overdose of antibiotics in America today. Parents today grew up around cure-all medications using advanced computer technology and have very little time on thier hands. So when they take thier kids to doctors, they want it fixed now like when they were kids.

#2 giving kids candy in drug bottles is akin to putting used oil in Coke bottles, or putting bathroom chemicals in more familiar containers.
Its not that its gunna turn them into drug users...its the drug that does that.
Its the potential that kids will think there are candies in that prescription bottle in Grandma's bathroom, and down a few heart pills.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #30
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I have kids. It was terribly stupid of the store but not that big a deal. Raise your kids, blah blah blah.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #31
BigAls87Z28

Kids are stupid. Parent or no parent, they are stupid.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #32
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Kids are stupid. Parent or no parent, they are stupid.
This site proves that on an hourly basis.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 07-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #33
BigAls87Z28

I was talking about actual children.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #34
BonzoHansen
Admin.

So was I. LOL

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge