Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
V
Stalker

WTB: 4L60e 4x4 transmission

im looking to see if i can find a transmission for a 96 fullsize Chevy Tahoe. 5.7 vortec v8. Im looking at a truck but the trans slips in 3rd gear which does me no good to drive to upstate NY.

let me know if you have one... thanks. -paul
Old 11-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Nitr0racing21

Is it the same as in a 97 Jimmy? I think it may be and if so I have one.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitr0racing21 View Post
Is it the same as in a 97 Jimmy? I think it may be and if so I have one.
im not sure if the 97 jimmy would have the exact same one. That is the s10 based so it had the 4.3 v6 correct? i know the bolt patterns are the same for the 4.3 and 5.7 but i dont know if there are other size differences or internal differences in the transmissions.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Are there no good trans shops in the north?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 11-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Are there no good trans shops in the north?

honestly i dont know. The one shop i used to go to was in little ferry and has since went out of business as of a few years ago. I havent needed any trans work since then luckily. They did like 7 transmissions for my family, ranging from our crown vic to the dodge ram to my STS and my iroc T5... never had any issues. A local trans shop did my parents van and my GTA...both had to go back for major issues. So i dont trust shops anymore now that i dont really know.

I'm almost considering doing a full rebuild myself. with instructions and a dvd, i know i can handle it. but id just rather not have to.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
Nitr0racing21

I know the guy that did my trans for my firebird is great if you don't mind taking a trip down 95 to philly. for the 2000 miles I had that trans I beat the **** out of it at times and the shifts were so pefect you would have thought i paid 10 grand for it.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive