Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
alamantia

LT1 Tuning software question

My brother has a 1996 LT4 vette with a blower that hes always messin with. I was looking int getting him some tuning software. What do you recomend I look for? Does anyone reccomend Tunercats OBDII?
alamantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I'm using tunercats OBDI and I like it allot, fairly easy to use. For the money you want to step up to TUNER-RT software. I haven't used it but everyone seems to like it better.

Does he have a wideband. I'm finding that is really an important part of tuning instead of trying to work off the O2s.

You also need good software to data log.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
alamantia

96 is OBDII if I remember correctly, I fond a JET system but its almost $400, thats a little too pricy for a christmas present. From what I have read tunercats was originaly a OBDI system but has an upgrade available for OBDII, I wonder if its worth it to buy?
alamantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

You might want to Email CATS and get all the info. Their site looks like it's pointing you to JET for the purchase of the OBDII tuner, and that is a group of tuning files? But if I'm reading it right that not cheap!
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning