Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
emolineaux

vibration under acceleration

ok so i just got done swapping my new trans back into the camaro a week ago. i finally got it back on insurance and took it down the road and back. when just driving its fine but when i go to accelerate i get quite a big vibration that feels like its coming from around the center console area. (would think its is a mount going bad) i installed a poly trans mount but im still running the stock ls1 motor mounts with 114k on them with the 6.0L. any quick ways to tell where i can find out where its actally coming from? its a little hard to tell when i cant look under the car to see how everything is running when i have to drive it.
emolineaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
emolineaux

well i said f it and pulled the motor mounts out of the car and what do i find. the rubber is sooo loose inside the clamshell. the spohn solid motor mounts are now in the car. just have a couple items to bolt back up before i can take it out for a drive to see if that fixed my vibration issue.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
emolineaux

well the motor mounts were shot. i was able to move the rubber around with my fingers no prob. i installed the solids. now have a little vibraton at idle(expected from the soilds) but i still have the vibration when i start to get on the throttle. both when its sitting and driving. feels like its coming from the back seat area. shakes a little in the driver seat also.

anyone have any ideas? im thinking it might be the poly trans mount as ive been reading they preload the trans causing it to sit a little higher causing the bad vibration but i dont have my oem rubber one to test out if thats what it is or not.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
cheechz

might be a pinion angle adjustment? i've read about a lot of people having this after rear end swaps. i dont know the details behind your trans swap.. if there would have been any reason for the pinion angle to change? still using the same driveshaft?
cheechz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
smoke_em94

i am having the same problem how do i adjust the pinion angle???
smoke_em94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
emolineaux

all i did was swap my broken trans for a fresh built one. yes same drive shaft. only thing different this time is i have a poly trans mount which ive read is slightly taller over stock rubber unit and that can cause a vibration.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
BarneyMobile
9 Second Club

its that poly trans mount causing the vibrations for sure. give it a few weeks and it will soften up and the vibes will for the most part go away. I had the same issuse way back when I put a poly trans mount in mine. I was ready to toss the poly mount in the trash and just buy a stock mount to replace it. the vibrations would shake the change out of my cup holder at first. Fortunately I was too busy to put another stock mount back in so a few weeks past by and I noticed the vibration went away on its own!

2000 SS M6
9.71 @ 142
BarneyMobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #8
smoke_em94

i think that mine has to do with more then just the mount i had the rear done not the trans so it most likely is the pinion angle but not sure
smoke_em94 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech