Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
Frosty

The new Buick LaCrosse

What a nice car, got to take one out on a road test today(stupid GM put 2 right side tie rod ends on...kind of scary that can make off of the assembly line like that). Trim and interior wasn't cheap, nice air tight cabin....really well built car(then again for $37K it better be).

Definitely impressive. Now only if we could stop doing the damn heated washer nozzle recalls
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
NastyEllEssWon

for that price id rather have a SHO
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Z28 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
for that price id rather have a SHO
X2 on the SHO. Also the LaCrosse is ugly
Z28 Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Parents test drove the Lacrosse. It was an excellent car, but it wasn't for us. It's a big soft cruiser, and no where near as solid as the CTS

What do you mean they put two right side tie rods on? The one on the left was wrong?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
Frosty

Yeah One side has a slight bend while the other doesn't, the left one kept hitting the wheel on turns and it was driving us nuts, get it up on the lift and bam....it was a bit obvious.

I really like that car, rides nice, definitely has the build quality.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 06-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
definitely has the build quality.
well, obviously not!
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
BigAls87Z28

Ouch! While that car sure isnt the model image of the car as a whole, the LaX is GM's best sedan that is sold in America right now, even over the CTS.
For 37k, you can get an SHO...for another 2 grand. But the SHO and the LaX arent in the same class nor going after the same customer.
37k is a loaded to the hilt LaX too. Tony, have you got to ride in any of the Regals? I want to get my hands on a preproduction turbo...
Old 06-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #8
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
well, obviously not!
haha, you know what I meant

Al, not yet, I think we have a few on order...not sure when they're due in(probably not for a while since we're a really small dealership).

Old 06-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #9
BigAls87Z28

Ahhh ok. Ive seen one on the road so far, and only a few at some of the larger dealers. I was actually surprised to see one at Rassas in Red Bank. Real small place, but they had one there!
Its funny that the smaller Regal has a larger trunk then the LaX...
Old 06-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
For 37k, you can get an SHO...for another 2 grand. But the SHO and the LaX arent in the same class nor going after the same customer.

theyre being compared by car magazines across the country. hell i think even the new car and driver (yes i know i know) compared the taurus, lacrosse, lexus and genesis v6 sedan.

gm needs to work on their pricing if their top of the line laX is only a few grand under the SHO.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #11
LS1Hawk

I have the new LaCrosse, so here's my honest review. The car rides great and is very comfortable. However, I don't think GM has got the "build quality" correct with this one. When I got my car, right of the bat it had to go back to the dealer for a new steering wheel because the one it came with the leather was full of bumps. Then about 2-3 weeks in it developed horribly loud dash & console rattles and a buzzing noise around 2500 RPM. Took it to the dealer twice, but didn't really solve the problem. I ended up spraying areas with WD-40 and now the sounds are pretty much gone. The black trim on the left rear passenger door that runs vertically between the window and small stationary quarter window started separating. Turns out it is all one piece with the stationary window and some of the chrome trim, so that all had to be replaced. But, the replacement part that GM sent to the dealer was damaged, so this week they will be re-installing that.

Last edited by LS1Hawk; 06-27-2010 at 06:23 PM.
LS1Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #12
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
theyre being compared by car magazines across the country. hell i think even the new car and driver (yes i know i know) compared the taurus, lacrosse, lexus and genesis v6 sedan.

gm needs to work on their pricing if their top of the line laX is only a few grand under the SHO.
the SHO and LaX are not going after the same type of customer.
for 40k, 44k for a the performance pack, you can get a 335xi that is faster and handles worlds better.
You can get a RWD performance car like the SRT8 Charger or 300C.
44k gets you two slightly used G8 GT's, both outhandle and out perform the SHO.

the LaX in any trim is not designed to battle the SHO.
The Taurus loaded is comparable to teh LaX, but it places dead last to the LaX, ES350 and Genesis sedan.

The Taurus is WAY over priced...way overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Hawk View Post
I have the new LaCrosse, so here's my honest review. The car rides great and is very comfortable. However, I don't think GM has got the "build quality" correct with this one. When I got my car, right of the bat it had to go back to the dealer for a new steering wheel because the one it came with the leather was full of bumps. Then about 2-3 weeks in it developed horribly loud dash & console rattles and a buzzing noise around 2500 RPM. Took it to the dealer twice, but didn't really solve the problem. I ended up spraying areas with WD-40 and now the sounds are pretty much gone. The black trim on the left rear passenger door that runs vertically between the window and small stationary quarter window started separating. Turns out it is all one piece with the stationary window and some of the chrome trim, so that all had to be replaced. But, the replacement part that GM sent to the dealer was damaged, so this week they will be re-installing that.
It really sucks to hear about all that man. Really does.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #13
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Yeah, my boss has a new LaCrosse in the "candy apple red" color. Great car, he loves it, but it needs new brakes at 5,000 miles. Unless he used the car to stop a runaway tractor trailer that shouldn't be the case.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #14
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
reason why u shouldnt buy the first model year of a new car
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
LS1Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Yeah, my boss has a new LaCrosse in the "candy apple red" color. Great car, he loves it, but it needs new brakes at 5,000 miles. Unless he used the car to stop a runaway tractor trailer that shouldn't be the case.
That's amazing. I hope they are covering that under warranty, because that should not happen.

After reading all the great reviews for a year leading up to its release, taking the car back and forth to the dealer four or five times in the first 3 months I've had the car is not the ownership experience I was expecting. I've read other customer reviews recently where problems have been cited early, so it's hard for me to believe this car is the image of ultimate quality for the new GM. Again, nothing wrong mechanically and perhaps its a lot of first year bugs that need to be ironed out, but really the car shouldn't be such a headache.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #16
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
That's amazing. I hope they are covering that under warranty, because that should not happen.

After reading all the great reviews for a year leading up to its release, taking the car back and forth to the dealer four or five times in the first 3 months I've had the car is not the ownership experience I was expecting. I've read other customer reviews recently where problems have been cited early, so it's hard for me to believe this car is the image of ultimate quality for the new GM. Again, nothing wrong mechanically and perhaps its a lot of first year bugs that need to be ironed out, but really the car shouldn't be such a headache.
Yeah, it's a shame. Other than that he LOVES the car.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #17
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
so it's hard for me to believe this car is the image of ultimate quality for the new GM.

some things never change, no matter how much bailout money you get
Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #18
BigAls87Z28

Lax was designed by pre bailout pre economic fall out GM. Its a real shame about the car. I love the car.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #19
Frosty

I didn't realize there were that many issues with the car, I'm only going by what I drove and saw....that sucks because they're really nice cars.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #20
BigAls87Z28

I really hope they are just first year problems. We havent heard much on GMI about the problems.
The GF really loves it.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:46 AM   #21
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
I really hope they are just first year problems. We havent heard much on GMI about the problems.
The GF really loves it.

well thats because its just a message board. no ones gonna report problems to someone that cant help them.

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 06-30-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #22
3rdGenHardtop

Supposedly the LaCrosse is one of the quietest vehicles on the market. Kinda the polar opposite of what most of us drive...
'85 Trans Am L69 5speed car w/ t-tops and a leather gut. (Hers)

'04 WRX w/ turbo swap + (Traded/sold)
3rdGenHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #23
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
well thats because its just a message board. no ones gonna report problems to someone that cant help them.
We have a GM Customer Service Rep that answers questions or problems that is very active on the board.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #24
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
We have a GM Customer Service Rep that answers questions or problems that is very active on the board.

woooo! haha really though no one cares to report a problem to a ''customer rep.'' they'll just take their car to the stealership and get it fixed for free.

lol @ A customer rep
Old 06-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #25
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Don't people do that here?
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge