Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
S.J.SLEEPER

"Three Sides To Every Story"...Enter for the "Real Story"

So as it was said below by one of our admin/mods:

"There are 3 sides to every story, and since the two sides have posted their stories and the real story is never really known, enough." (by BonzoHansen)

I....I guess, would be the 3rd. side to the story since I have had dealings with the parts listed below in Camaro/trans am trade.
T-56 trans in camaro
"forged" engine/Trans am

I am first stating I am not here to bash/slander/or degrade anyone. I am simply posting to "clarify" & tell the "truth" about the issues @ hand!!!
T-56 trans:
Was Rebuilt and in perfect working order when I sold it to Eric(Emolineux) I took his broken T-56 in as a trade Since I really didn't want to sell my T-56 but I knew my car wouldn't be getting done anytime soon (see my figured I'd show & tell thread) LOL well still aint done and thats another story.
Trans went in (i don't know if a used or new clutch went in w/it) and Emolineux called me to tell me that trans shifted like a knife through butter and couldn't believe how much better it felt than his stock one (before it was broke of course!!!) And to thank me for helping him out cuz I hooked him up.

Car trade: Emolineux I had talked, laughed about the fact that GrandmasterCow must be new to stick cuz he was smoking the clutch just trying to get it on the trailer!!!,
(For a newby @ sticks, getting a car on the trailer can be a pain in the a$$)

Trans Problem: Grandmastercow pm'd me about it having a shifting issue, told him to check to see if the shim was behind the slave if using a spec clutch, he asked me if I had an extra shim, but never checked to see if it indeed was in place,I looked to see If I had one, kinda forgot about him due to my own hectic life, then got the call from Emolineux:
Grandmastercow broke driveshaft,rear & trans,..... I said EHHHH to that and never heard anything back from Grandmastercow,

"Forged Engine": HERE IS THE TRUTH !!!
I have seen all the parts in this engine..And I NOW OWN ALL THE PARTS to this engine !!!!
Go Ahead SomEOne Challenge me on what "forged" parts and what actual parts are in it!!!
I WILL POST PICS IF NEEDED

Engine was stated to have:
[B]
forged rods yes .....(eagle junk,but still forged)
forged pistons yes....(but severely damaged skirts do to lack of oiling)
arp bolts NO ...(stock bolts, no studs, arp fasteners that come w/ rods)
ls6 cam UUUUmmmm....NO !!! (stock LS1 cam)
upgraded oil pump another NO !!! (stock oil pump)

Bores in Block are DAMAGED, Hone will not take them out, so needs a BORE
(8 of them) lol

AS for the Trans am: HOLY F'n RIggd Up Pile Of Dung...... I would love to go off like Chevy Chase does in National Lampoons Christmas !!! Hahaha

Radiator support: hacked up (see my Show & tell Thread on proper way to Modify front support to install turbo(s)

Wiring:...a complete mess, cut,patched in with electrical tape and maybe some super glue.

Misc. Bolts: everywhere not torqued/tightened properly, hand tight,missing, mis-matched, cross threaded.

Car: Basically anthing that wasn't touched by G-cow was in decent shape or still hanging on. Everything else .....Wellllll hangin on,falling off or just F'd

In a general statement: You have to be willing to put a minimum of $500 into any usd car, But putting $5000 into it is just plain stupid.Emolineux made the right choice....to part it out!

By the way, After getting to know Eric(Emolineux) I have found him to be a stand up guy and someone I could call a friend. The other day when he stopped by (1hr. drive) to drop some parts of to me. I was in the middle of taking down a 44gal. fuel tank in my wifes Excursion to replace the fuel pump.
Without me asking or anything, Eric got on the ground in his clean clothes and stayed til 10:30 to help me get the fuel pump done. Not many other people will volunteer there time to help someone out they don't know all that well.

Anyway, I took my time to volunteer the info above to tell the "3 sides to every story". To make sure all the facts were out and everyone knows whats the "real story".
South Jersey Racecraft

Last edited by S.J.SLEEPER; 10-19-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge