Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
BullittSVT

I need some help..

Help will be much appreciated. I have a court date in two days from a speeding ticket I got back in early November. I was written doing 69 in a 50. Traffic was mild, conditions good. (Funny thing.. I was going slower than EVERYONE else around me, Camaro = cop magnet). It's a 4 point ticket. I am 17, on a provisional license. Are odds good that I can get out of some points? What can I expect from the Judge? Tips? Anything helpful is appreciated.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9

1998 Camaro, 3.8L M5 Stock - SOLD
2001 Camaro Z28 M6 SLP LM1, Lid
- FOR SALE

BullittSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
baddest434
8 Second Club

search the other 10,000 threads about the same ****!!!
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

First off, if you cared so much about it, you wouldn't be waiting until 2 days before the court date to try and figure out how to get out of the ticket.

Be prepared to spend lots of $$$ to get the points reduced. I believe that your license gets suspended 1 month per point after 2pts on your provisional. So either take the hit and have your license suspended for 2 months, or be prepared to spend north of $500 in fines and surcharges.

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
NJ346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
emolineaux

yea never had a ticket on my provisional. but i know i paid like $500+ to have my point tickets downgraded. i could be wrong but i think i had them change it to a careless driving. (could be wrong) which should be no points but a nice chunk of change. (was told by my lawyer that you get to use that 2 times) trust me i know lol.

but like vin said 2 days before court makes it look like ya dont care.

Last edited by emolineaux; 01-02-2011 at 04:27 PM.
emolineaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
thunder
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by emolineaux View Post
yea never had a ticket on my provisional. but i know i paid like $500+ to have my point tickets downgraded. i could be wrong but i think i had them change it to a careless driving. (could be wrong) which should be no points but a nice chunk of change. (was told by my lawyer that you get to use that 2 times) trust me i know lol.

but like vin said 2 days before court makes it look like ya dont care.
your thinking off "unsafe operation" which is no points but a bigger fine. Careless driving is still 2 points. but all that is irrelevant, they are not allowed to use the unsafe operation ticket if he is on his provisonal
Old 01-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullittSVT View Post
Help will be much appreciated. I have a court date in two days from a speeding ticket I got back in early November. I was written doing 69 in a 50. Traffic was mild, conditions good. (Funny thing.. I was going slower than EVERYONE else around me, Camaro = cop magnet). It's a 4 point ticket. I am 17, on a provisional license. Are odds good that I can get out of some points? What can I expect from the Judge? Tips? Anything helpful is appreciated.
did you call to have your name listed on the court calender or are you basing this on the date written on the ticket? if you did not call, thats where you have to start. once in court, stand in the line that starts to speak with the prosecutor or wait for him to come/call you up. he will suggest a plea bargain for you or say i can't help you. you then plead guilty to this charge and say a bunch of yes sir's and no sir's and then you go pay the cashier.

wear something decent.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
Wolfblitz

Try and get Unsafe Operation...and pray it works

IF IM NOT MAKING SOMEONE MAD, IM NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by micbegz28 View Post
how much for the italian lions??? \
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
My money is that its Chaney....
Wolfblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
chknhwk01
What?

Talking this is the onley wayyyyyyyyyy......

listen up ''young,n...................

you want to same your,liscens, get a lawer in that town, be about 5 to 6 hundred, but every thing will go a way............. ... an you can keef
driveing, playa.... oh yeah......
THE FAMOUS ONE215-675-8515 ,AND STEVE SPOHN,and j&g-transmisstions,willow grove,pa,215-659-3022,, R.I.P.JOE PRINCE..
chknhwk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
Frosty

^^^ Perfect advice, thank God we have an articulate lawyer here on the site.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
your thinking off "unsafe operation" which is no points but a bigger fine. Careless driving is still 2 points. but all that is irrelevant, they are not allowed to use the unsafe operation ticket if he is on his provisonal
ahhhh i forgot!!! they changed the provisional rules last year... on a provisional license you can no longer plea down to unsafe operation!
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #11
thunder
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman88 View Post
ahhhh i forgot!!! they changed the provisional rules last year... on a provisional license you can no longer plea down to unsafe operation!
ya man. but i dont remember if it that also applies to any other pleabargains or if its just the unsafe operation
Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullittSVT View Post
traffic, conditions, other drivers, and your car are all NOT VALID ARGUMENTS. you were doing 19 mph over the speed limit, and if you saw the cop and hit your brakes that means you slowed down to 19 over...so what were you really doing 80? more? in a 50...

either take the points hit and pay your fine, or go with a lawyer and try to get the points knocked off for more money up front... either way, they dont seem to be very lenient on provisionals these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
either way, they dont seem to be very lenient on provisionals these days...
Nor should they be...
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge