Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Dogs

I remember a thread about this recently. My buddy is looking for a dog breeder or shelter looking to give away a puppy. Actually, he just wants a puppy. Contact me if you got something and I'll forward it along. He lives in East Brunswick, so closer is better. If you have something that he finds desirable, I'll connect you to him.

PS- if you haven't read the book: "The Art of Racing in the Rain" then you are missing out.

Pics for clicks. This is the dog I want when I move out of my house (my mother hates dogs).
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Actually, he wants one from a breeder. Looking for a breeder now. Thanks guys.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:55 AM   #3
WayFast84

That's a shame. Adopting is such a smarter choice...but any way puppy find.com
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

It will be hard to find a give away from a breeder, shelter or rescue. They usually need to provide shots and basic check up to begin with. Has he checked petfinder.com for stuff in his area? Some bred dogs can tend to be a bit more hyper due to the constant breeding, most of the people I know who got bred dogs turned out to be a real pain. Rescue dogs can be abused and not as friendly. Our dog from a rescue is a bit paranoid that everyone is out to get her, but she has adjusted to us pretty well now. The best bet is to find someone who's dog just had a litter and get in line for one of the pups.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
HardcoreZ28

I had made that post back in January. We ended up getting our lab from HiView Labradors in Flemington and couldn't be happier. However I'm not sure if they are gonig to be having any more litters any time soon.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
madness410

i was gonna say what was already said...it will be hard to find a free dog from a breeder. let alone a free dog anywhere, my local animal shelter charges 20$ to take an animal because they found out people would take the dogs for free and do horrible things to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
Our dog from a rescue is a bit paranoid that everyone is out to get her, but she has adjusted to us pretty well now.
we rescued our dog and at first it was like this but after a while he found out we mean no harm and not everyone was like his previous owner and is a loving dog now..you can see how happy he is now. i plan to go to an animal shelter to find a dog whenever i am ready to get one and save its life before it gets euthanized..
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #7
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Thanks guys for the input, I forwarded the info to him and he is gracious. He is still looking and I'll post up with what he ends up with.

Thanks again.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
we rescued our dog and at first it was like this but after a while he found out we mean no harm and not everyone was like his previous owner and is a loving dog now..you can see how happy he is now. i plan to go to an animal shelter to find a dog whenever i am ready to get one and save its life before it gets euthanized..
It can happen both ways. Back when I was in HS I worked at an orchard and my boss there always took in dogs from shelters to roam the farm and live with her. Some of them were timid and came out of their shell and some didn't. Others would attack you if you even took a step towards them- and this was actually kind of common. Not just growling; clamp onto your forearm biting. You have to be really careful with shelter pets.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
jts98z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
It can happen both ways. Back when I was in HS I worked at an orchard and my boss there always took in dogs from shelters to roam the farm and live with her. Some of them were timid and came out of their shell and some didn't. Others would attack you if you even took a step towards them- and this was actually kind of common. Not just growling; clamp onto your forearm biting. You have to be really careful with shelter pets.
x2 me and my brother have a neapolitan mastiff/pit bull mix and every now and then he snaps and will try to bite you (which hurts like hell and will give a pretty good cut) but its better now than before when we first got him
jts98z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #10
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Any dog can snap and bite someone for whatever reason. But rescue dogs seem to be more prone to unpredictable behaviour.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge