Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
Whoboy580

TKO 600 in 86 Camaro

I have a 86 camaro that I installed a tko600 trans in. I have Ram HD Clutch, Hayes flywheel. The car ran fine with my stock t5 in it with this set up. Than I started doing my TKO swap. I got my TKO 600 kit from AMP Performance its a brand new TKO600 GM 9 piece starter kit which includes the following from AMP Performance. Tremec TKO 600 4618(.82 OD) transmission, short throw shifter, 31 spline slip yoke for 1330 u-joints, needle roller pilot bearing, rubber mount w/hardware, mechanical speedo adapter kit, free synthetic fluid, installation tips sheet and Tremec Hat. I bought a Lakewood Blowproof Bellhousing and the trans is straight up and down not on the slant. Than I got Spohn crossmember for my trans, and got the driveshaft done.

Installed the fluid started the car tried putting it into gear, Couldnt get it into gear. So I bleed the slave cylinder, followed this site instructions (http://www.teamrip.com/how_to_proper...utch_info.html). I tried again to get the car into gear. No Luck still so I adjusted the pivot arm on the bellhousing, unscrewed it half way and restarted the car. It made a squealing noise but once i let my foot off the clutch it want away and i repress the clutch and no noise, tried putting it into gear and with some force it made grinding noise but wont go in. So I unscrewed the Pivot arm bolt all the way out and restarted it and Nothing still. Please help
Whoboy580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
Whoboy580

Just took the trans out. This is what I found. I noticed the pilot bearing was shread it. But I still want to make sure the throw out bearing is the right one now I got it apart..

Here a few pictures: PHOTOS

Let me know what you think.

Does anyone know how to measure to make sure you got the right throwout bearing.

Last edited by Whoboy580; 10-08-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Whoboy580 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline