Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
Stevoone

Tuning / shift points

This may belong in the Transmision section but my main question is about ECM tuning.

The car is a 1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8l (non-supercharged) OBD1.

Good customer dropped off his car with a bad trans. He located a low mileage used trans from the same year car but it has a different RPO code for the Gear ratio. The car originaly had a 3.06 Gear ratio and the replacement transmission has a 2.84 gear ratio. I can swap the internal parts to correct the gearing issue but to try and keep the parts and labor down I was wondering about having the ECM tuned for the lower gear ratio.

Is it possible to tune the ECM to recognize the gearing change? Is there anyone somewhat local to Burlington City that would be able to do this? And how much (estimate/ball park) would it cost to have it done.
Stevoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Spoiledred

OBDI Tunes

Hi, I was looking for information about shift points on a 94 4T60e and saw your question. There is a place in Indiana called Sinister Performance. They tune a lot of lines of GM cars including mine (94 Bonneville SE) You can mail him the eprom out of your cars ECU (or from a backup computer from a JY $50) He'll burn it however you want and ship it back to you for $71.00usd total. That's for a basic tune. For more complex burns the price can go up. www.gmtuners.com. THe 94 se is not a heavuly supported platform any more so it's good he still doing this.

Kris
Spoiledred is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning