Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-02-2017, 08:33 AM   #1
ted gerlach

not sure what to do need advise

well its been almost 25 years since my dad came home with a 70 buick convertible, had a crap load of fun in it untill one stupid night, fell asleep on 287 and hit a concrete wall, noting too bad but enough it need a nose and new paint job, will it never made it back on road, cutting to the point, it was in my moms garage when the house burnt down suffered some damage burnt the nose,,[ go figure] and alot of parts that were new were lost, grill, taillights,door panels, back seat, rear convert panels, all the new weather stripping ,and a bunch of small things, but my dad did something stupid and now its got a salvage title and no payment from insurance company, ass---- always knows better, not this time,
i found a buick convertible its got some rust in quarters and truck floor but its complete and runs and yard drives,,, brakes are really bad, seats ripped top shot ect,
not sure if i should get and fix it with mine or mine with it or just say the hell with it and sell it off,
ted gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
eric-86sc

Sell it and fix the 55 or 56 whichever that Ford is. That's the more sentimental one right?
eric-86sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:33 AM   #3
ted gerlach

thats a 56 and for what i want to do its way more then the buick idea
ted gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Ted Gerlach, only you can make the decision of what to do with the Buick, or Buicks. I know for myself I have committed to one last project before retirement. I sold off all my "coulda, shoulda, woulda...but didn't" projects so I can concentrate time and money on my one project car. And since the car is a perfectly fine driver I'm using it as such until my bank account is brought up to snuff and I also have enough money to fix my daily driver Cavalier or purchase a suitable replacement.

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge