Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events

Notices

Old 07-26-2024, 08:00 PM   #1
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Track Rental at Island on October 25, 2024

Hey everybody, I am organizing a track-day rental at Island Dragway again this year, and this is the initial info for anyone interested

Date: Friday October 25, 2024. Gates open at 10 am and racing is from 11am-4pm.

If there is bad weather, we are allowed to reschedule the event for the following Friday.

20 Island Road, Great Meadows, NJ 08783

www.islanddragway.com

1/4 Mile Drag racing all day, with both lanes glued and prepped until the 330 foot cone. Test and Tune basically, and some grudge racing if anyone wants to get into that. All vehicles must pass their tech inspection, and I can get into more details about that if needed. Make sure that your car and your safety gear are all up to date on SFI certifications too, and plan to wear long pants. (no shorts allowed while racing). They are pretty thorough at rental tech inspection, so beware; they even dug into my car last year, and I had just been racing at this same track 5 days prior on that previous Sunday.

Any type of tire is allowed, street dot tires, drag radials, slicks, etc. We didn't have any problems with the variety of tire types on the starting line last year from what I can remember.

Last year we had a total of 26 cars that participated. Despite a delayed start to that event due to tricky weather and a missing ambulance, everyone had a good time and made plenty of passes; I know I ran 10 or 11 times down the track. Newcomers to drag racing are welcome, but I would like to quickly chat with them (via phone or email) about the car they plan on bringing. Most vehicles at the event will be in the 10-14 second time zone, but some of the faster vehicles will be in the 9's and 8's.

So, the day is booked, FRIDAY OCTOBER 25, and I will start taking payments for entry fee shortly. I have already paid the $500 down payment, so its official.

Costs/Payment:

In full transparency, the Rental costs $3000 for a 15 car minimum, which works out to $200 per person. Each additional car is $200, but Island Dragway requires a minimum of 15 vehicles on site to have the event. You can read all of this directly on their website, under the rental information page.

- However, last year, in order to secure a quick 15 participants, I decided to offer a cheaper price for those who signed up early. Last year that price was $150 instead of $200. I knew I would lose $50 on each car, but it helped me ensure that I would get the participants I needed.

- This year In order not to take a huge loss, but in hopes of getting the required 15 people locked in, I am deciding to adjust the price for the first 15 (14 after including myself) to be $175. Once we reach the 15 participants, the price will go back to being the normal $200 per racer, and thats where it will stay. Having most people pre-register with me is important, but if a few people wait until the last moment, I will probably let them join in. Island does NOT allow people to show up on the day-of the event and just jump right in, so prior communication with me is the only way to get in.

*In the event that you need to back-out of the event, just reach out to me and we will get it all worked out. You will get your exact money back, not to worry.

I can take payment via paypal, zelle, cash, or a check/money order; but paypal is the easiest.

Last year we got lucky and one of our racers brought along Matt, who had a drone camera and made this cool recap video of the earlier part of the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsoP9mzRv7U

Feel free to ask me any questions, I can Pm you my email address and phone number if needed too.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events