Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #26
saint
12 Second Club

if they were really smart, theyd opt for some significantly differnet body styling to give it that "omfg thats a blue devil" from a distance appeal. As opposed to that hey nice vette, oh wait, tahts a blue devil huh? nice. lol

And for the most part, if this car could get better press than the z06, it would become a much more widely known fact that YES these CHEVY's are BEATING exotics. because thats still a shocking statement to say right now, even though its true. its just not very well known.

And to my understanding, yes its an ls9. But i cant really say for sure because its only something I heard last time I was talking about this car. I beleive Lutz made mention of it not long ago.

- My Music - My Business - My Ride - MySpace -
saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #27
Brando56894
15 Second Club

LS9? Sick....
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:45 PM   #28
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint
if they were really smart, theyd opt for some significantly differnet body styling to give it that "omfg thats a blue devil" from a distance appeal. As opposed to that hey nice vette, oh wait, tahts a blue devil huh? nice. lol

And for the most part, if this car could get better press than the z06, it would become a much more widely known fact that YES these CHEVY's are BEATING exotics. because thats still a shocking statement to say right now, even though its true. its just not very well known.

And to my understanding, yes its an ls9. But i cant really say for sure because its only something I heard last time I was talking about this car. I beleive Lutz made mention of it not long ago.
i agree 100%. if the styling is close to the Z06 im gonna throw up
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #29
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

More roofs to blow off, nice!!!

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #30
BigAls87Z28

The term "Blue Devil" was coined because Rick Wagoneer, Head of GM, his former college was Duke U, where he played for the Basketball team. It was a way for the people involved to make the deal sound better to Rick.
And yes, if current rumors are true, the LS9 will be used. The LS9 is a 6.2 Liter Supercharged engine making aprox 650hp.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #31
Brando56894
15 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
if current rumors are true, the LS9 will be used. The LS9 is a 6.2 Liter Supercharged engine making aprox 650hp.
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #32
ChickenLittle

Social Networks:

MBs also have automatics with techno-nannies keeping everything in check. the BMW has less than 400 ft-lbs of torque.

all the people who have written about the 505hp ZO6 talk about what a gorilla it is to drive (I drove a 500hp Viper, all I can say is holy ****!), now add another 100 or so hp and who know how much torque...

guys like us wouldn't have a problem because power and rwd is something we are used to and respect. most of these yahoos that buy these 100k cars, though...well, as was stated earlier money does not equal brains. School may not be the end all be all, but it certanly helps...I'm all for it!

it was said that somebody who can afford a 100k car won't buy the Vette...the same was said about 'a Dodge' and 'a Ford'. All I know is Vipers and GTs don't sit, neither do ZO6s...if I could afford a 600+ hp 100k Vette, I would be first in line to buy it....Team USA, baby
98 Trans Am 383 M6 AKA Chuck Norris Sold
ChickenLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #33
BigAls87Z28

No doubt it would sell out, it just wouldnt carry the same level of image and performance as a true supercar. Again, I think should be more reserved for a Caddy super car.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge