Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #26
Brando56894
15 Second Club

it is a nice lookin car but its still way too heavy (thats if it still weighs 2 tons that it did at the autoshow in '06 (?) )
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:36 AM   #27
Predator86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando56894 View Post
it is a nice lookin car but its still way too heavy (thats if it still weighs 2 tons that it did at the autoshow in '06 (?) )
damn 2 tons...thats too much...

well as long as all these mopar fans are coming out....is anyone here a closet Ford loyalist? Just come on out no ones gonna care

i mean hey i got a few ford guys around here that admit dropping chevy engines into there racing mustangs

8/26/07 Just reached 160K and running great!
1/15/09 Just reached 180K and still running great!
Predator86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #28
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
are you saying you'd turn down a hemi if it was given to you? i'm not talking about the new ones either.
Well its accordign to what hemi your talking about. if your talking about a 426 Hemi, no, no i wouldnt, but these new hemis are to what I heard not the 100% style of hemi that it was back then, it is but it isnt, and really I love this new challenger, I love the new Camaro, but they have to focus on the atkins diet for these two, especially if it weighed 2 trons at the show, but im sure it was cause the car wsent made out of composites yet, it was a giant hunk of bondo cut out and painted. id say duke it out when ti comes out, see who has the better price per performance. I hope the camaro comes out wiht a nesty engine like the 427 Z06 block in it, or some supercharged LS motor in it. Id like to see the challenger have something in it as well. I know it has the 6.1 in it, but will it use all 425 hp, can it once again rain over the camaro as the muscle car, or will it flop with a fay price tag. Same goes for Camaro, if their hitting 35-40 range, you might as well buy a vette, or a Evo, or subaru. if they can keep them within mustang range, which i doubt, they would sell more of those things then they could of imagined. im sure well see in the coming months if not the coming summer, and it looks good. now lets see who else will drop a hat into the retro muscle age, or what new cars these big three will ressurect. A Nova? a Chevelle? a Cougar XR7 or Falcon, Galaxie 500? maybe a Duster or a Dart? its ashame olds and plymouth are gone, they could of brought back the cuda and the 442.

And I am kind of a ford fan, but only the GT40 (1963-1969) I love the new one, but I crave the old one, I never become bored when I see them at the Races, I mean its the only American company to of won Le Mans, they did it 4 times consecutively from 66-69, with eh first and only all american team winning it in 67, and the first race car chassis to win it two years in a row ( chassis#P1075 won it in 68-69) that chassis also saw the closest finish in the history of the race, after 24hrs. it won by a mere 100 yards. I know they were built over in England, but were commishioned by an american company, and the Mk IV chassis were built in Michigan. and what other car can you say that was streetable back then that could go in excess of 200MPH ( 217 in a Mk 1 chassis, and 220+ in a Mk II and Mk IV chassis) none, it was one of the first cars to of reached 200mph and driven on the streets back then, hell its the originator of the 200mph club!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 08-25-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #29
mtnhopper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Hawk View Post
Haha...well you got to give it a model year to work out the kinks I'd still take one.
Yeah, it usually takes chrysler a year or so to get their cars to run under their own power.

I dig the recall fix, though; sending six dudes out to push the Challenger is much cheaper than actually making it run.
Heartbeat City
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
I'm a dick, you're a dick, we're all a bunch of dicks!!!
mtnhopper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #30
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
ut oh i sence another quasi-political, over the top, force-fed opintionated, dead horse beating, outburst from some of our older, more mature, better raised, higher educated, close minded members
notice how i've been staying out of it?

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #31
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
ut oh i sence another quasi-political, over the top, force-fed opintionated, dead horse beating, outburst from some of our older, more mature, better raised, higher educated, close minded members
Yah, add me to that list of one time Mopar guys that would take a new challenger. Not for the performance factor, more just a way to remember my youth! There is no way I could now afford the car I once had! They are all just a real expensive museums pieces! Even if I did, like Jeff’s JL8, they are now not cars to be beating on!

( Since I'm OLD ) I was around when Chrysler stuffed 426s and 440s in just about everything, 454s only made it into a few Chevelles, and 428 into even fewer fords. I ran a 70 challenger R/T 440 six pack and back then the elephants basically ruled, if not by HP just by pure out numbering the competition. BB F-bodies were rare, most 396's didn't exactly match up, the only thing that really struck fear in the Mopar guys were the cowl Chevelles, a 454 SS was a tuff race!

So yah, if I see a new challenger in plum crazy I might be getting a car loan!

Besides, it's my mid-life-crisis! I buy what I want!

Damn kids!
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #32
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z View Post
...more just a way to remember my youth! ...

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:20 AM   #33
Iroc-z86

when the day is said and over with, mopar or gm is still better than ford. (my 2 cents)

2011 Camaro - 2lt/rs red jewel tincoat, m6 - SOLD

2014 Camaro SS - bolt ons

1998 Jimmy - the beater
Iroc-z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:54 PM   #34
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Hawk View Post
The thing's never broken down and the engine still runs strong.
You are kidding, right? If it hasnt broken down your father must drive like a really old man. I had one of them and the trans had to be rebuilt twice. Stuff was always breaking on it. My friends father has a 96 and it is about in the same boat. Something is wrong with it every other week now. I have heard a lot of toher negative crap about intrepids, junk. Dodge in general is crap. A guy I worked with had to keep cleaning out the injectors on his fathers truck because there was no inline filter on the fuel system. My friend also has a Dakota, the front end is completely clapped out and he doesnt even have that many miles on it.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #35
Predator86

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
You are kidding, right? If it hasnt broken down your father must drive like a really old man. I had one of them and the trans had to be rebuilt twice. Stuff was always breaking on it. My friends father has a 96 and it is about in the same boat. Something is wrong with it every other week now. I have heard a lot of toher negative crap about intrepids, junk. Dodge in general is crap. A guy I worked with had to keep cleaning out the injectors on his fathers truck because there was no inline filter on the fuel system. My friend also has a Dakota, the front end is completely clapped out and he doesnt even have that many miles on it.
everyones got their opinions but ive never had a bad experience with dodge...my dad had a mid 90's ram 1500 and he would plow snow for the town every winter and he sold it at almost 200k miles! and supposably plowing snow for a whole winter takes about 2-3 years off the life of your truck.

he recentley just bought an 06 Ram 2500 mega cab with the 5.7 hemi...and that thing is bad @$$

i cant speak for mopar cars but theyre trucks are in my opinion are one of the best trucks u can buy next to GMC

8/26/07 Just reached 160K and running great!
1/15/09 Just reached 180K and still running great!
Predator86 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge