Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #26
V
Stalker

i think i used LS1tech once, and never again. I left LS1.com for several reasons but one being the whole business atmosphere and lack of a true enthusiasts gathering.

Bill, send a few business cards my way and i'll hand them out. We got a bunch of lt1/ls1 guys up here in addition to other vehicles you tune.

I think $175 a month for sponsorship is crazy. I wonder if they would have a problem if i posted all parts i have for sale over there. probably. thats why i havent even considered it. I know it isnt cheap to buy/rent/maintain whatever a website like ls1tech, or even NJFBOA for that matter, but still that is going overboard with having others turn people in and giving rewards.

tim, justin, have you considered having sponsors here? and I dont mean like 175 a month, maybe like just donations or a reasonable $10 monthly amount, in exchange theyd get referrals and maybe an extra link or a sticky in a certain forum. I know it wouldnt be much, but an extra 20-40 a month wouldnt hurt, and you could check the person out so that you are sure that they honest and have a previous reputation.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:15 PM   #27
Frosty

I know my buddy would probably become a sponser here if the fees were cheap.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:25 PM   #28
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
tim, justin, have you considered having sponsors here? and I dont mean like 175 a month, maybe like just donations or a reasonable $10 monthly amount, in exchange theyd get referrals and maybe an extra link or a sticky in a certain forum. I know it wouldnt be much, but an extra 20-40 a month wouldnt hurt, and you could check the person out so that you are sure that they honest and have a previous reputation.
PM sent....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
I know my buddy would probably become a sponser here if the fees were cheap.
PM sent...

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:28 PM   #29
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
i think i used LS1tech once, and never again. I left LS1.com for several reasons but one being the whole business atmosphere and lack of a true enthusiasts gathering.

Bill, send a few business cards my way and i'll hand them out. We got a bunch of lt1/ls1 guys up here in addition to other vehicles you tune.

I think $175 a month for sponsorship is crazy. I wonder if they would have a problem if i posted all parts i have for sale over there. probably. thats why i havent even considered it. I know it isnt cheap to buy/rent/maintain whatever a website like ls1tech, or even NJFBOA for that matter, but still that is going overboard with having others turn people in and giving rewards.

pm me where to send em I considered sponsoring tech as well as a couple of v6 sites but you'd almost have to have a mail order business of some sort to have it be worth while...look at shops like ttp they arent just a tuning co. they tune they install & they have an online store. I don't believe in mail order tuning I've seen a few of them & most do very very little over the stock programming in reality so thats not an avenue I'm willing to look into at this point. Anywayz thanks for the support guys at least I know im not the only one that thinks this is a bit overboard.

Last edited by Tru2Chevy; 02-15-2006 at 02:32 PM.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #30
Brando56894
15 Second Club

Quote:
You may not reply publicly with any contact info about a non-sponsoring vendor or individual. You may send someone a PM at your own risk, but if that person turns you in for using this site to help solicit business for non-sponsors, you will get banned.
thats just plain ******** right there...
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #31
Rob WS6

Damn thats really messed up... it pisses me off and Im not even a member there. I cant say Im surprised though, this is quickly becoming the "new" American way all over. People only seem to care about money anymore, not helping your fellow man.
Rob WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #32
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
pm me where to send em
**** just give em to me... I seem to be the North/Central mediator after all

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #33
Frosty

Seems like they're backtracking a bit. Maybe I jumped the gun but it seems to me the scenerio I posted was considered wrong. F that, I'll continue to help a friend that just got his shop off of the ground.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 02-15-2006, 03:45 PM   #34
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

They have seemed to back off a bit, but guys like Bill are still screwed. I don't see the problem with sending someone a PM if they ask about local tuning....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #35
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
They have seemed to back off a bit, but guys like Bill are still screwed. I don't see the problem with sending someone a PM if they ask about local tuning....

- Justin
it doesnt suck for me so much as it hurts the registered users because they are hiding the fact you can get parts cheaper elsewhere or get better service elsewhere just because they have their name up on a board doesnt mean they are better then someone who doesnt it just means they are higher volume whether by choice or what have you.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:05 PM   #36
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i posted my piece.
i can see what they are saying about some people. there are those, bill you know who i am talking about, who are constantly whoring themselves and their best friends shops on teh site. i can see that as a problem, but it is something that can be dealt with in private through an attentive moderator.
to say that i and all other members are subject to being banned because we woudl refer members to a less expensive or more local alternative is ridiculous.
i have talked with tony several times and to have this be such a big deal to him someone must have come down hard about it. he is usually not a very reactionary person unless he is really pushed.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:30 PM   #37
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

I will probably say tony isnt the one thats behind all this...hes the one with the power but yeah like you said someone or many mustve come to him. I wouldnt say its necessarily registered users either...i would say it was probably sponsors saying to Tony/PSJ "hey these people keep pming our potential customers, make it stop" The fact is if people post asking for a tuner in VA or whatever and maybe dont want to drive the 200 miles to rapid or cartek or whathave you what are we supposed to tell them? No, there are no other shops? Or give them the second best alternative? Something about freedom of speech comes to mind but maybe it doesnt apply to public forums
Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #38
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

all of their on site materials refer to advertising, not exclusive parts/services suppliers. that is the problem i have with it.
as sponsorship comes online here we are going to have rules in place about selling and refering by/to members and non-members. but we do not expect any sponsor to be the absolute solution for every member in need of parts/services. that would just be unrealistic.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:58 PM   #39
Frosty

This whole thing is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth regarding that site.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #40
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i wouldn't recomend writing the whole community over there off because of this. there are still many knowledgable adn enthusiastic members.
i am sure it will all sort itself out quickly and things will get pretty much back to normal.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #41
Frosty

I'm not writing them all off but now it's clear that the site is a business. Oh and they help people too but that's after the $$ is collected lol

Old 02-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #42
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

QTP Doesn't do installs, we just deal out of Midland Park.

Some mods over their expect hand outs from us... just because their mods.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #43
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

liek i said, it is unrealistic.
take alex's example of QTP. their merge flow collector headers are the hot ticket right now. if they were to sponsor this site would anyone expect justin or i to tell you all that there is no other company making or providing headers in the whole world? no, because we know that would be retarded.
i woudl ask that everyone refer to a sponsor and give any paid sponsor/advertiser the chance to match/ beat any advertised price before shopping elsewhere, but in the end where you buy is your decision.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #44
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Yeah, it sounds like they're handling the spamming thing the wrong way. They should just keep it to PM's unless the problem is really rampant. But to cut off any reference to a non sponsor is ridiculous. Most people trying to mod their cars don't have the funds to pay the sponsor prices, plain and simple. And I will say that I've bought stuff from several of their sponsors because they had the best deal. A non sponsor is not going to undercut some of the prices, it seems to be more of a services issue. And when you come down to labor rates, that's all over the place and you still have a quality of work issue. But I still haven't seen a message board that has even 1/2 of the number of sponsors that board has so you know it's a business, not just a tech board.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #45
formulaMARK

GAYY GAY GAY and more GAY.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:40 PM   #46
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i think part of the problem is that the people incharge are tony and john. tony has at least 8 cars that i have heard about, 6 of which are cool enough for him to list in his sig, and last i heard PSJ had over $25k into jsut his friggin motor.
they seem to be out of touch with the financial and time costs of driving 2 hours from trenton to get a cat back installed at TTP vs going to mufflex right down the street.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:20 AM   #47
Jersey_TA
10 Second Club

I don't go to LS2.com for a similar reason(spamming of a sponsor). It felt like I couldn't go 1 thread in the eastern section without seeing their name "whored out"

no offense to anyone who likes them or goes there
2000 T/A WS6 - 11.190 @ 119.79...SOLD
Jersey_TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:07 AM   #48
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

why not have a small sponsor fee where you are allowed to post info about your site but not be a full sponsor to offer GPs and have your link on the side of the page?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:46 AM   #49
BigAls87Z28

:givesaf:
LSX kids are just a bunch of wussy dyno queens. "Look, my heads and cam did XXXhp, now look at my 22 inch e-Muscles and my 15 inch e-****."

Whatever.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #50
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

well Al I am the keyboard tough guy

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge