Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #26
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

He took delivery of the car so it's his. Now he owes you money still. Any problems with the car after it's sold is the new owner's problems. I've been lucky and had a few problems pop up right before I sold a car/truck a couple of times and that gave me time to fix it or renegotiate the price with the buyer. The guy owes you the money and it's in writing. Have a lawyer call him and give him the hint.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:19 PM   #27
89 Trans Am WS6

Doing that later today.
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:32 PM   #28
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencar
Most of what you've been told is correct, and that louse hasn't a leg to stand on in regards to 'Lemon Laws', or much of anything else, but, again, let me warn you, if you involve a Lawyer, he/she will get a cut of whatever settlement it is you get. Now if you're only out $130.00, then it's not worth it. If you're out $2,300.00, it still might not be worth involving a Lawyer, because of the cut he/she will get out of the settlement. Of course if you can at least get a consultation with a Lawyer for free, then it's certainly worth asking if it's worth suing that bum
But would it really matter, just so you can get the kid off his case legally?

I mean its only $130, but the fact that you can do something to get someone off your case is just as good in a way.
If this kid is making that much of nuisance of himself, maybe, but Lawyers don't come cheap, and as long as this kid hasn't got a legal leg to stand on himself, a Lawyer may be a very high price to pay, just to try to shut him up.
bencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:46 PM   #29
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 Trans Am WS6
Doing that later today.
so whats the latest?
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:08 PM   #30
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Read again he owes 1130... the 130 cash and 2 500 dollar checks that were cancelled

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:23 PM   #31
89 Trans Am WS6

Went filled out police report..they reccomended i fill it out but at the same time said it was more of a civil matter and i should seek out elsewhere regardless due to some info from someone on the boards i may be able to get the money real easy..looking into it

thanks
ljoe
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:40 PM   #32
jims69camaro

it boils down to my largest pet-peeve: people not accepting responsibility for their own actions and either looking to point the finger at someone else or looking for someone else to foot the bill. do not, under any circumstances, accept these actions, as he is responsible for the car - he's just trying to get you to pay for it. there isn't even any need for you to prove there was nothing wrong with the car, as he has no leg to stand on. if he bought a hunk of ****, it's still his. he completed the transaction (or $130 shy of doing so) and he filed for title. there isn't any action more damning to him than filing for title - that means he accepts the deal and the car is his.

take him to court and teach him to take responsibility for his actions. even if you were shady (not saying you are) he still paid you, took the car and filed for title. deal was done, as far as you were concerned, and there was no contract (wherein there might've been a clause) or cause for him to stop payment because the car won't start.

allow me to reiterate a very important point: do not, under any circumstances, accept these actions, as he is responsible for the car - he's just trying to get you to pay for it.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge