Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #51
jola

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger27nj
Exactly....the problem is that our elected officials let them get away with it. They should take a trip to Ellis Island to refresh their memories with what our ancestors went through to enter and receive citizenship in this country. These aliens just prance across the borders and do whatever they want, and it's a slap in the face to anyone who jumped through hoops to come here legally. As for that school system, whoever voted for that should be stripped of their citizenship immediately.
that's the beauty of america i suppose...you can vote in new elected officials. in general, however, elected officials more or less reflect their constituency, leading me believe it is not just them, but a powerful minority/lazy majority that lets stuff like this slide. i feel like there is just a shift away from what it means to be a patriot from someone who believes in individualism and self-sufficiency and love for america to someone who just doesn't want to offend anyone. i feel like this post is off-topic though, so it ends now.

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #52
calhoon

Just to throw in my 2 cents:

I'm offended by political correctness, and you should be too!

'92 Camaro RS
305 TBI, 4L60
Fowmaster, Open element air cleaner, adjustable fan switch, TDS WonderBar, and some other random crap.

The latest project: console.
calhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #53
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jola
that's the beauty of america i suppose...you can vote in new elected officials.
recount! even if you try to vote in new officials, the ones with the most back get in regardless.

Quote:
in general, however, elected officials more or less reflect their constituency, leading me believe it is not just them, but a powerful minority/lazy majority that lets stuff like this slide.
like someone said earlier, lawyers ruined this country. if there is one person in this counrty that gets offended by something, a few legal actions later and its outlawed. welcome to the united states of lawyers

Quote:
i feel like there is just a shift away from what it means to be a patriot from someone who believes in individualism and self-sufficiency and love for america to someone who just doesn't want to offend anyone. i feel like this post is off-topic though, so it ends now.
It sucks, but all the minorities feel they need to be catered to. If I had my way, no one would have it easy, that way no one could complain. Think about the Irish when they first started coming to america. NO ONE would hire them, the Italians hated them and it was damn near impossible for them to make it here in the states. fast forward to the present and the government is thinking about granting illegal immigrants the same rights as US citizens!

times are changing. we are on a bullet train headed straight for the bottom and the brakes just gave out. the government isnt worth a crap. everyone is suing everyone because they cant take responsibility for their own actions and the people trying to make an honest living are getting ****ted on. life sucks and then you die...at least I know it'll end at some point
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #54
Brando56894
15 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhoon
Just to throw in my 2 cents:

I'm offended by political correctness, and you should be too!
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge