Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 06-07-2006, 11:09 PM   #51
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Will you wear it kasey?
Old 06-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #52
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebirdgm2000
I've got a shop in south carolina who has done this swap before will do it for 6k all components included (*has done 8 tranformations before), motor / tranny, 6-speed convert, crossmember, radiator and all necessary components.... By the way you guys forget i've got v6 insurance, so I would be putting that extra 1.5k in my pocket every year instead of owning a base TA which I have completely dismissed a while ago
The problem with that.....is it's insurance fraud.....I'm not dropping the dime, but if something ever happened to you or the car (of a serious nature) and the insurance company could and probably would deny your claim then you are left in a really bad situation....don't screw around with you insurance, it ain't worth it.....Once the v-8 goes in, you should upgrade the insurance, which will trigger all kinds of other red flags because the vin won't indicate an 8 cyl car, inspection could become a potential nightmare (at least hear in NJ)...it ain't worth the ********....sell and buy a V-8 car....If you really have the resources to build an 800 hp ls-x based turbo mill, then go find V-8 Donor car and start clean.....drive the v-6 rig until the v-8 car is complete....I really doubt a stock or even mildly built m6 would live behind such a beast for very long if driven hard.....

Think it though, cause once you start the money will go away very quick and if you run out half way through that project you could take a total bath....

Good Luck

Chris

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #53
rgaynor85

this guy is right man just dump it and get the v8 like i said a long time ago nobody keeps there first car like your plannin on doin just let it go tim to start fresh now again. and also like he said if u want 4-500hp the m6 will hold but its not gonna happen on a 800hp motor and as much as it sounds easy its gonna take more cash than u think to get over 600hp and have it handle the power
rgaynor85 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning